FPM Weapon Effects

Started by Giftheck, May 13, 2016, 01:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can anybody tell me how to achieve certain texture effects on weapons? Like the light relfection in the lens of the scopes, or scan lines etc.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Well the only idea i have in mind is via the particle editor.You just can add more effects to the original one and to asign new textures.It could do the trick however its a little complex entering particle editor for first time.If you know what you are doing you can make everything you want.This is how i made my gunship landing attack effect.

I wouldn't have thought scope reflections would require use of the particle editor.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I made some very interesting effects with particle editor so i just mention that you can try this.But about reflection of a scope why dont try some shiny effect?I know Battlefront 1 support gloss+bump render type.

I am pretty sure, the question was about exactly render effects. They can be done with XSI or HEX editor. The parameters for SWBF1 and SWBF2 are not the same, so if you work at SWBF2 mod, I can't help you much. Still you may try to explore it in XSI by ZETools. In XSI click on ZE Tools>.MSH Tools>Manage Materials...>choose material in the list>ZEify>Edit
Then try different render parameters. I am sure, there is somewhere exist a list for SWBF2 render meanings so your exploration could be easy.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I'm definitely asking for this for a mod in SWBF1, not SWBF2. I'll deal with SWBF2 when Legacy is finished and brought to SWBF2.
In Progress:

On Hold: