Big Battles Mod

Started by Rayce, March 27, 2014, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 27, 2014, 12:14:21 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:18:42 PM by CommanderAwesome
Big Battles Mod

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1122

Well, I got bored so I decided to make this.  :)  It is a modified mission.lvl that increases the unit and reinforcement counts in the following maps:
Geonosis: Spire
Hoth: Echo Base
Kasyyyk: Docks
Rhen Var: Harbor
Tatooine: Dune Sea

Credits:
Me - for the edited scripts.
Battlebelk - for the mission.lvl builder.
SWBFGamers.com - for your awesome tutorials and mods.
Pandemic/Lucasarts - for creating this awesome game and making it modable.
George Lucas - for creating Star Wars.

If it is just a mission mod with only increased units and reinforcements, it is online compatible.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Right, thats how people did those "Zombie" servers a while back before the server shut down, you never had to download to play with them. -- Here's a topic by our good friend Led explaining what you can and can not do in multiplayer mods without having other players download it: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4279.0

I can't remember how many times I've crashed my game with putting too many Geonosians on the map at once :P
What fun days those were.

Keep modding, it never gets old

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 27, 2014, 03:59:15 PM
Right, thats how people did those "Zombie" servers a while back before the server shut down, you never had to download to play with them. -- Here's a topic by our good friend Led explaining what you can and can not do in multiplayer mods without having other players download it: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4279.0

I can't remember how many times I've crashed my game with putting too many Geonosians on the map at once :P
What fun days those were.

Keep modding, it never gets old
Well, I didn't change the locals, so it should be fine then.

Actually it wouldn't make a difference.
You can interchange the classes you play as from the locals, and can increase the amount of ais they use at once just like any other faction loaded up in the map by default.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 27, 2014, 06:32:30 PM
Actually it wouldn't make a difference.
You can interchange the classes you play as from the locals, and can increase the amount of ais they use at once just like any other faction loaded up in the map by default.
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 27, 2014, 03:59:15 PM
I thought that what you meant, sorry for the confusion.

Nice mod. On a side note, something that would be cool would be tuskens vs empire or rebels on Dune Sea.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Does this actually have a noticeable effect on the battlefield? I can recall changing ai count to 32 on a lan server once, and I didnt notice a difference.

Quote from: Ltin on March 30, 2014, 07:28:56 PM
Does this actually have a noticeable effect on the battlefield? I can recall changing ai count to 32 on a lan server once, and I didnt notice a difference.
I changed it to 64 AI and 640 reinforcements per team (128 AI & 1280 reinforcements total). The change was quite noticeable when I tested it.

MP has different AI limits than SP.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on March 31, 2014, 02:26:36 PM
So it's not OC then?

Some mission.lvl mods are online compatible meaning that players will not have to download anything, but you are still limited by the MP limits of the game.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on April 01, 2014, 05:42:34 AM
Some mission.lvl mods are online compatible meaning that players will not have to download anything, but you are still limited by the MP limits of the game.
So it's still online compatible, but I'll still only be 32 AI per team in MP, right?

(Off topic: What is the AI limit (Per team) in SP?)

Either 16 or 12, probably 16
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on April 01, 2014, 11:22:12 AM
Either 16 or 12, probably 16
Then how was I able to get it to 64? (Just to clarify, it meant singleplayer not multiplayer.)