A League like the ESL?

Started by evosoul, October 07, 2013, 08:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 07, 2013, 08:41:36 AM Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:16:47 AM by evosoul
Hey everyone,
during the last tournament, i thought about the ESL and that i prefer their rules because there is no chance to outnumber the opponent and each team can choose a server where they want to play. I don't know if it is possible to do a league like that or if the people of this community are interested in such a league.

For those who don't know the rules:

Match rules:
There is maximum number of players who can play in each battle (5vs5, 3vs3, etc)
Each team can choose a map which they want to play. (Team A choose Rhen Var Harbour gcw and team B choose Yavin IV Arena cw)
Each team will play each map with both sides.
The team can choose the host of their own map. (If Team A wants to play their map on an european server, they can but Team B can say that they want to play their maps on an american server. Then 2 maps will be played on an european server and 2 on an american server)
The ESL played 1.2 but these can changed if wanted.
Because of Radar, if we dont want it, than we need to look how to prevent it

League rules:
Each team starts with 1000 points and they had a calculator which calculates how much points a team wins/looses.
Each team could have as many members as they want but I think, if we do this than we should set a limit but that can be changed if wanted.
Insulting/Spamming etc were punished with: the players who insults get a penalty point and if they got a certain amount of them, they will be locked for some days/weeks.

General Ideas:
I know that it will be much work and we needs organisation. In my opinion every clan who participate should have an admin because then every Clan have an admin who can argue. if there was something and there will be a lot of Admins who can manage it.

I hope my english wasn't that bad :P
Please share your opinions with me and the community about this.
If you have questions you dont want to write hear add me in xfire (gphrichi).
Evosoul

I will write down the interestet teams with the interested players. (I will update it everytime, I know something new)
Clans/Teams who are interested.
(212th) = 8 (Nixo, Engelskrieger, Adamus, Evosoul, Dirty Harry, inoobish, Mart, Sonny)
{U.E.F} = 3 (Anyder, Ill Jets, ACE)
Enten = 16 (Chilli, Jumper, Nico, Dado, CaDeDo, Ice_T, Börna, Kubaner, Siggi, orca123, MorTalCain, iBackfisch, Xeus, Mystireo, Cmon, White-blood)
{FD} = 1 (Killfire)
|FA| = 1 (Majesty)
Clanless players = 3 (Destiny, Syrion, Disciple)

good idea :) But we need a better and clear organization and administration for that.

I put my opinion about the administration on my first entry

so u want a torney like ESL ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I agree. ESL tourney rules are fair for everyone, have order and seems effective. Anyway we will need good organization for this.

Quote from: Adamus on October 07, 2013, 10:22:49 AM
I agree. ESL tourney rules are fair for everyone, have order and seems effective. Anyway we will need good organization for this.
lol welcome to this site adamus ! =D xD
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Elo calculation will be needed ( and god knows you need some maths ) if you want rankings like ESL.
Max players limit allows more squads, more matches, more activity ( this is what ESL lacked when it closed ).
Organisation such as match date and results posts has to be strict, and well built.
Overall it requires time, but I hope whoever wants to organize that will find enough motivation considering the amount of swbf players left.
About this little list : I am interested as a player. I'll make sure my old mates will be informed, but I can't provide a full 5v5 active squad.

Ya Syrion, I know that we need the Elo calculation. But if you search on google you can find a calculator which we can use. And it is no problem that you dont get a full team. I just put you on the "Clanless player" list

Then if you can handle all the maths for each results, it's perfect! Thank you for counting me in.

October 08, 2013, 12:55:02 AM #10 Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:53:29 AM by Buckler
Gute Idee mit den ESL-Rules! Aber, brauchen wir wirklich noch ein Tournament ? 

Quote from: Adamus on October 07, 2013, 10:22:49 AMAnyway we will need good organization for this.

Thats a joke?  :censored:

:censored: fight like in ICW3? : D

edit by buckler:  we have a strict no cursing policy here.

good idea but probably a little late. A few years earlier I would've seen a realistic chance for something like this.
Not anymore :/

Quote from: Carpe Diem Jumper on October 08, 2013, 12:55:02 AM
Gute Idee mit den ESL-Rules! Aber, brauchen wir wirklich noch ein Tournament ? 

Thats a joke?  :censored:

:censored: fight like in ICW3? : D

edit by buckler:  we have a strict no cursing policy here.

WTF  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Quote from: DEAGLE on October 08, 2013, 10:17:26 AMA few years earlier I would've seen a realistic chance for something like this.

This is a really good idea that shouldn't be dismissed lightly! It's entirely capable of success and provides a good counterpoint to the ICW, which had rather different aims from ESL and was modeled on the GGWs.

It certainly looks interesting, it depends how it's organised and if I'm busy but I would like to be a part of a team, I'm not sure how similar this is to Anyders tournament but it might work well if teams are in both so they have more battles. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)