Sunday (or any other day) League

Started by Dresh, February 26, 2009, 04:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lol. 15th is a youth ski day at our church. I might be late to this. Around here, it starts getting too dark to ski around 6:30, so 7:30-8 start would probably be safe for me. Sorry dresh, but I think you might be falling asleep while getting blown up by me

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Quote from: "Dresh"Yeah, it's open to anyone and everyone. just sign up at the site and I'll add you to the table!

Mac: there isn't much to see...just your names and a pile of zeros as there have been no games played! Once you guys decide on a day and time and who will host the first match I'll put up a sign up thread so we know who to include in the draw!
Will do when i get a chance.

Thank you

it's all good! I put together this league more for you guys and knowing full well that I would miss games due to the time diff!  I want you guys rock big scores so that I can embarrass the TiW league players...lol.  It also leaves us the option of having a cross league battle every now and then!

Lets make it 8pm EST and as long as my daughter doesn't get me up at some crazy hour on Sunday morning I'll be there for a few of the games!

Ideally for me 7 PM EST, but from 9 to 4 EST is good.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

March 04, 2009, 10:27:39 AM #35 Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:51:05 PM by Dresh
I  know you say ideally but can you make an 8pm start (remember your only playing 4 rounds, six if you include 2 lobbys, so the actual match doesnt take too long).  I also find ppl hang about after so some good games can still be had when the real fighting is finished!.  Is everybody else ok with sunday 15th at 8pm?

Woot!  Sunday, 15th, @ 8pm EST works for me.

Remember PI this weekend we observe Daylight savings time here in the states (most states), spring forward.

Quote from: "Dresh"I  know you say ideally but can you make an 8pm start (remember your only playing 4 rounds, six if you include 2 lobbys, so the actual match doesnt take too long).  I also find ppl hang about after so some good games can still be had when the real fighting is finished!.  Is everybody else ok with sunday 15th at 8pm?

Okay, can you please post a descriptive and simple explanation of what's going to happen?

March 05, 2009, 12:12:56 AM #38 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:17:03 PM by Dresh
The first thing to happen is that there will be a sign up thread. Everyone that wants to play need to 'sign up'.  I usually post this thread on Sunday's and the deadline this the following Thursday.

Once the sign up thread is closed a draw can be filmed (and can be done by anyone). This draw is to pick the teams, the maps and the eras! Log in to thisiswar.co.uk and check out the draw page for examples of the draw!  The draw ensures that everything is random, and is filmed and posted for fun more than necessity. (For more info read http://www.thisiswar.co.uk/plugins/foru ... pic.php?61 ).  Even although the sign up deadline has passed late comers can still play, they just won't be in the draw and join whatever team has the lower amount.  The maps for the draw are from a predefined map pool and the first 3 ppl signing up get to choose an extra map to be included in the draw.

OK, we now know the teams and maps.  There should be 2 maps picked out in the draw.  Next we play the game.  The format of the actual match is as follows:

Lobby
Map 1 (Team A play as one faction, Team B the other)
Map 1 (The teams switch faction for this round)
Lobby
Map 2 (Team A play as one faction, Team B the other)
Map 2 (The teams switch faction for this round)

The link above shows what faction either team should be and is dependent on the Era (obviously as you cant be a Clone in GCW).  If you are unsure as to what a lobby is read this, but basically it's just a place that everybody can get organised so they know what team they are in and what faction they are playing first etc.  My mob normally completely ignore the no fighting bit and team killing is rife...it is just a lobby and it is for fun after all!

Once the game has been played the scoring can be done (Scoring system).  Each person is scored individually and the scores are averaged.  From above you will have played 4 scoring games (map 1 twice and map 2 twice).  The scores for each round are worked out and the top 2 scoring rounds are taken. The best way to show this is with an example:

see http://www.thisiswar.co.uk/plugins/foru ... ic.php?161

Lets say youre scores are 45,60,64,56 (4 rounds, 4 scores).  We will take the 2 highest, in this case 60 and 64, add them together and average them to give you an average score of 62. This is the score that gets added into the table.  The week after this you will have played another 4 rounds and again the top 2 scores are taken and averaged along with the first 2. Take a look at my scores in the TiW table:

These are all per round averages.  From it you can see I have won 8 and lost 5 of my top scoring games (the 2 that get used as mentioned above).  I kill, on average, 47 ppl per round, die 6 times and capture 5 cps.  I average 15 bonus points and have a total of 68 league points.  All averages, with the exception of the Points, are rounded down. From the actual scores in the speadsheet that does the maths my scores are Kills:47.71  Deaths:6.21  CP's:5.57  Bonus:15.36  Points:68.00.  These were played on a server with 8 AI players.

Then all that is left to to is either get some practice in if you are not top of the table or gloat if you are!  I know this is a lot of reading but in practice it is loads easier than it may seem at first.

Quote from: "Dresh"Lets say youre scores are 45,60,64,56 (4 rounds, 4 scores).  We will take the 2 highest, in this case 60 and 64, add them together and average them to give you an average score of 64. This is the score that gets added into the table.  The week after this you will have played another 4 rounds and again the top 2 scores are taken and averaged along with the first 2. Take a look at my scores in the TiW table:

Try to figure out what's wrong in that paragraph :P

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

lol, oops, sorry, all fixed now!  It wasn't bad math, just bad typing!

At least I know that someone properly read it!  :-P

Please forgive the double post!

I have posted the sign up thread for the first league match!  This match will take place next Sunday (15th) @ 8pm EST.  The deadline for sign ups is Thurday (The thread will be closed Friday).  Please log in and visit:

http://www.thisiswar.co.uk/plugins/foru ... c.php?1619

to sign up!

I am fully aware that this time may not suit,  as there are diff time zones involved it becomes more difficult to pin down a time suitable for everyone.  I'm sure we can figure something out for future games.  Anyhow...I just wanted to get things kicked off and get some regular games off the ground!

I signed up for the forum, but I can't post a reply in that thread. The 'post reply' button disappeared.

Also, what is the IP for this tourney?
Playing SWBF on a Mac Since 4.6 years ago!

You couldnt post in the sign up thread as you didnt have the correct permissions...all good now! good to have you taking part.  I have also added your name to the league table!  Thanks for the ad too!

Also, for everyone signing up remember to post if you can host..incase the_pi goes missing last minute! (I take it your still ok for hosting dude?)

I can't post either. I also am able to host.

Please add me,

thanks,

MG