New 3D Nintendo DS

Started by zorba1994, March 24, 2010, 06:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://controllertower.mpcgamers.com/?p=199

Courtesy of Controller Tower
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Looks interesting, at least they've finally got a new handheld on the way, I think they've been milking the DS for too long now.

Shoulda released Pokemon SS with this...
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

yea, i mean the DS isnt that great. For portable gaming kids nowadays are using smartphones or an Ipod Touch. Although that DS looks pretty cool, from a 14 year olds perspective, the only people that play DS's nowadays are little kids.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Russell on March 26, 2010, 09:51:51 AM
yea, i mean the DS isnt that great. For portable gaming kids nowadays are using smartphones or an Ipod Touch. Although that DS looks pretty cool, from a 14 year olds perspective, the only people that play DS's nowadays are little kids.

Not so, so long as your loud and proud. Kids honestly don't give a crap if you use a DC, and if it's good and cheap I'll get it.

I take a like'n ta DS's meself but I find em all too breakable. 'Ave ye fine fellows ever 'ad a DS break on ye beferr? They tend ta take a good crack'n in da middle part, where da two screens be connected. Last time I looked, dem new Pokemon games was just over 30 dollars and Mario Kart Wii was $50.....blast it all, it be not fair... :dry: >:( :mad:

Quote from: Buccaneer on March 26, 2010, 09:46:32 PM
I take a like'n ta DS's meself but I find em all too breakable. 'Ave ye fine fellows ever 'ad a DS break on ye beferr? They tend ta take a good crack'n in da middle part, where da two screens be connected. Last time I looked, dem new Pokemon games was just over 30 dollars and Mario Kart Wii was $50.....blast it all, it be not fair... :dry: >:( :mad:

It's called a flashcart/modding your wii. Google it. Flashcarts are for the ds. Modding is for the wii. Ask ag! :)

Btw, dig the signature. I'm a FE fan myself. :)

.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

I think Nintendo needs to stop it with the gimmicky, take off the 3rd party developer rights to make crappy games (or at least, not so many), and start making good games. They can make great games when they want to, but they are not concentrating in something other than making new DSs to sell. Or pointless games that are not worth 40 dollars like wii play or wii music.

I agree wit ye, shadow. Tis a sarrry shame -- and I be a nintendo fan too...
Sometimes I find meself wish'n I be in charrge o' make'n games. Maybe den dey'll be a little less crrappy den day arr

Excuse me? Repeat that last remark to the 20-year-old DS Player writing this message? :P
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

March 30, 2010, 12:58:35 PM #10 Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 01:21:49 PM by ag

After giving this much thought, I have to agree to some extent. The only reason why I still have one is for Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. I have all four! :D

Portable gaming is still a new market, no matter how long it's been around. It hasn't evolved as much yet. Apple has taken advantage of their iPod Touch/iPhone to get into the market and they've done so very well, but I wouldn't call it a product for kids. I don't know where you got that statement.

Nintendo's always been in the market for the younger kids so it figures. There's very little focus on the hardcore gamers. With the Wii they've been getting into the casual market aka the shittiest games ever made. Unfortunately, Nintendo refuses to evolve (remember the 5 or so GC games that were playable online? Oh wait, you didn't know it even did go online!) so I'm not as loyal to them as I used to.

Microsoft with gaming is Apple with their Macs. They're pretty, but they never justify their price. I mean seriously? You're billing me to play online? And why can't I use my own harddrive? And why can't I use my own arcade stick? Why did my friend send her xbox twice within 6 months because of the RRoD? I will admit their controller is somewhat better than the PS3 and there's Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead available, but besides that I'm not really attracted with the xbox right now.

Sony's on the other hand is doing a decent job in selling me their products. I probably would of said different a few years ago but overtime they've improved their stance in the gaming market. Their PSP has a great number of decent titles that doesn't involve me finding Waldo or learning how to boogie with the Jonas Brothers so I'm happy with their stance in the portable gaming market for the serious gamers. Their PS3's interface is quick (XB360's menus are so darn slow) and looks sleek so I can do what I wish on the console. Their hardware has huge potential as seen with Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and Final Fantasy XIII. And personally, I like to use my modded joystick in SSFIITHDR (lawl... huge acronym) and Tekken 6. My only complaints are that the controller hasn't changed much within 15 years, and unfortunately most of my friends have an xbox.

OK I'm done with this topic. Flame my opinion now :P

#TYBG

i like pokemon too (like 7 years ago) jk, pokemon>modern warfare all the way :P

Like i said b4 this 3D Gaming thing isnt gonna effect gameplay very much. i mean, 3D graphics in call of duty may be important, but 3D graphics in pokemon? no.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

March 31, 2010, 10:40:55 AM #12 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:32:56 PM by Red
Looks cool... but I probably would not buy it.

Quote from: Russell on March 30, 2010, 01:22:14 PM
i like pokemon too (like 7 years ago) jk, pokemon>modern warfare all the way :P

Like i said b4 this 3D Gaming thing isnt gonna effect gameplay very much. i mean, 3D graphics in call of duty may be important, but 3D graphics in pokemon? no.

Yes indeed, its all for show. Its a very clever idea but not needed and again with CoD being a first person shooter where you walk around and pokemon being very different its not helpfull really.
Also it looks like a bunch of cardboard cutouts inside an eleven year-old's diaroma.

[mod]Please refrain from double-posting, please! I'm sure you've noticed the edit button (since you've used it yourself). Please do that instead of posting a new reply, or simply wait for another person to reply, thanks!
-Red[/mod]
Keller Dalyetsev