Need help with adding a Y-wing to the Tatooine Dune Sea map.

Started by John 3:14–16, June 12, 2022, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 06, 2022, 11:18:00 AM #15 Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 09:49:53 AM by John 3:14–16 Reason: Removed an “it” where it was unneeded (between “however,” and “I”).
Thatʼs okay, Dark_Phantom, and thank you.  I plan to continue the trial and error as ideas come to mind.  I had tried deleting an X-wing, and I think that I tried cleaning and munging with different batch files than the ones that I had been using, and it seemed that a map with a missing X-wing loaded; however, I recognize that it is possible that a non-player character might have flown off with an X-wing before I looked at the flyer spawn area of the map that displays behind the character-selection menu.  Maybe I will try deleting more vehicles and try cleaning and munging with every batch file that I can find in the subfolders for the new map. 

When I have an opportunity, I plan to try removing an X-wing and some landspeeders.

I removed an X-wing and two landspeeders successfully.  After I removed the X-wing and landspeeders in ZeroEdit, I double-clicked the "clean.bat" file.  After that, I double-clicked the "munge.bat" file.  When I tested the new map in the game, the X-wing and both of the landspeeders were absent. 

Then, using a backup copy of the folder for the Dune Sea map, I again used ZeroEdit to remove an X-wing and two landspeeders.  I then double-clicked the "munge.bat" file, and after that, I double-clicked the "64bitMunge.bat" file.  When I again tested the new map in the game, the X-wing and both of the landspeeders were absent again. 

I first tried using the "munge.bat" file because it had a newer modification date and time than did the "64bitMunge.bat" file.  I then tried the "64bitMunge.bat" file to see whether that would work as well, in case using that file might have been the source of the problem before.  I didnʼt try the "Win7Munge.bat" file and the "Win8Munge.bat" file because they seem to be duplicates of the "64bitMunge.bat" file. 

While I am unable to change an X-wing to a Y-wing and unable to add a Y-wing, both the "munge.bat" file and the "64bitMunge.bat" file produced new maps with the X-wing and the two landspeeders removed. 

Next, in ZeroEdit, I tried to change a landspeeder into an X-wing and an X-wing into a landspeeder.  I tried to do so by switching the attributes of a landspeeder to those of an X-wing and by switching the attributes of an X-wing to those of a landspeeder.  In the game, the vehicles remained how they were before I attempted to make the changes. 

Regarding the attribute changes, on the left side of the ZeroEdit screen, I changed the value for Name.  On the right side of the ZeroEdit screen, I changed the values for ClassAllATK, ClassCISATK, ClassImpATK, and ClassRepATK.