Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Review

Started by zorba1994, December 25, 2009, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Silent Hill Shattered Memories (Wii) Review (with a comic)

Courtesy of Controller Tower (controllertower.com).
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

The game lacks horror aspect. Either that or I need to get a bigger TV and maybe some surround sound.

#TYBG

I'm pretty curious about this game actually. I don't see what's so bad about the psycho profiling, though. Yeah, to play all the endings, you're gonna have to play the game a little less scary. Isn't that how it is with all multiple ending kind of games? That to get all the endings, you need to change your playing style? Or you could look at it from the optimistic point of view, and say that to play all the endings, you're gonna have to play the game a little more scary.

BTW, your comics need some work. The jokes are ok, but not great. That's something that will improve with time, though. My main issue is with the art. I'm not asking you to draw super detailed pictures in every panel, but try working on the little things like facial expressions. In the comic you drew for the review, I could barely tell the difference between "ahhh north pole" santa, and "I'm about to die" santa.

Quote from: Master Zen on December 25, 2009, 08:13:09 PM
I'm pretty curious about this game actually. I don't see what's so bad about the psycho profiling, though. Yeah, to play all the endings, you're gonna have to play the game a little less scary. Isn't that how it is with all multiple ending kind of games? That to get all the endings, you need to change your playing style? Or you could look at it from the optimistic point of view, and say that to play all the endings, you're gonna have to play the game a little more scary.

BTW, your comics need some work. The jokes are ok, but not great. That's something that will improve with time, though. My main issue is with the art. I'm not asking you to draw super detailed pictures in every panel, but try working on the little things like facial expressions. In the comic you drew for the review, I could barely tell the difference between "ahhh north pole" santa, and "I'm about to die" santa.

1. My problem with the psycho profiling is that short of having some real, live, psychiatrist sitting on the other end through an internet connection, I don't see how it could get personalized enough.

2. I realize that my comics suck. Usually my jokes are better than this one, it was a bit of a low point in that respect. I however never intended to be the artist; my friend was supposed to do that, but he bailed, so yeah.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate