Green Day Rockband

Started by zorba1994, December 15, 2009, 03:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Look, what you have to understand is that Rockband is a company, with the intention of making money.
The beatles are the most famous band in the world, and it saled fairly well.
But in this post-recession video game sales are down and so are the sales of Rock Band and guitar hero. Now i believe the most recent (other than metallica) bands featured in gh or rb was in the 80's, and people are getting bored of the past as the world is hitting a new decade soon.
Green Day is a very popular band, and have many popular songs.
So now these companies have milked the oldie's music and are going for the younger audience, to sell more.

This is a brilliant idea. Do you see why they did this now?

Green Bay isn't popular anymore. Yes they got a new album out not too long ago, but they aren't making headlines anymore. Very unusual choice to use Green Bay for Rock Band.

#TYBG

Quote from: Ghostt on December 15, 2009, 03:14:03 PM
Look, what you have to understand is that Rockband is a company, with the intention of making money.
The beatles are the most famous band in the world, and it saled fairly well.
But in this post-recession video game sales are down and so are the sales of Rock Band and guitar hero. Now i believe the most recent (other than metallica) bands featured in gh or rb was in the 80's, and people are getting bored of the past as the world is hitting a new decade soon.
Green Day is a very popular band, and have many popular songs.
So now these companies have milked the oldie's music and are going for the younger audience, to sell more.

This is a brilliant idea. Do you see why they did this now?

Some bands on my list that have come out since the 80s:

Muse
Pearl Jam
Bush
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
U2 had a lot of good stuff in the 90s (Not so much anymore)

Green Day was a 90s band, so don't say that my picks are not relevant.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Green day are more popular than those  bands, and there are now so many bands and types of music out there green day are one of the few they could use to attract lots of young buyers.

Quote from: ag on December 15, 2009, 03:40:03 PM
Green Bay isn't popular anymore. Yes they got a new album out not too long ago, but they aren't making headlines anymore. Very unusual choice to use Green Bay for Rock Band.
Is this supposed to be a pun I'm not getting?

Interesting post zorba. However, the point of Rock Band was to make a cohesive band that's fun for all instruments to play, not a Guitar Hero type of thing where the aim was to deliver face melting solos and riffs. Still in terms of making games for specific artists, it doesn't seem that fun to me. I would rather play a variety of different songs made by different artists, who play different styles. I agree with Khy though, they're a company and they're trying to make money. If you want songs by Nirvana and stuff like that, they have tons of DLC out that you can buy.

My prediction: Green Day will simultaneously come out with a new album at the same time that the game comes out. Green day? More like Green Bay!

Quote from: Master Zen on December 15, 2009, 04:30:55 PM
Is this supposed to be a pun I'm not getting?

Interesting post zorba. However, the point of Rock Band was to make a cohesive band that's fun for all instruments to play, not a Guitar Hero type of thing where the aim was to deliver face melting solos and riffs. Still in terms of making games for specific artists, it doesn't seem that fun to me. I would rather play a variety of different songs made by different artists, who play different styles. I agree with Khy though, they're a company and they're trying to make money. If you want songs by Nirvana and stuff like that, they have tons of DLC out that you can buy.

My prediction: Green Day will simultaneously come out with a new album at the same time that the game comes out. Green day? More like Green Bay!

I was careful to mention bands that have other instruments that are dynamic as well (except for John Cage, but, well).
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

On my weekly stroll through mpc....

Here's my take on it:

While I feel, yes, their are other bands that would sign on to do Rock Band and yes, those bands may be in fact better quality, better written or whatever you may have, their fan's would take it as an utter sell out for them to be featured.

Take U2. Their are a very genuine band. They came straight from a highschool, and their story is part of their value. Bono is famous for his acts of charity. Now, if U2 was to turn around and be featured in a video game their die hard fans would yell F*** no! I don't want to see my genuine band changed by corporate America (or what have you).

Whereas Green day's fan base is much more willing to follow Green Day in whatever venture they may take as most of them grew up in a day where most artists are controlled by labels and such, and are therefor willing, no, excited to be able to imagine themselves as a member of Green day.

Thats really what it comes down too: the differences in fan bases, not the quality of music.

Just a note that you mention Metallica in the list on your blog, they are doing a Guitar Hero game, Metallica: Rock Band would never happen. But what do you expect? It's a successful franchise, and Green Day are one of the bands that can be cashed in on, they have a large following, and are world famous. I don't mind it, eventually they will have to stop when people get bored of it, and the next new gimmick comes out.