OBJECTS WITH INVISIBLE TEXTURES

Started by DarkHunter, October 20, 2018, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 20, 2018, 01:18:14 PM Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:11:04 PM by DarkHunter
Hi mate, I have a new question about star wars battlefront 2 modding. I m creating my first map, but the problem is that when I munge the map, and then play it, the objects appear with some parts without textures, appear with white walls. So, I delete the msh archives, and copy the original from assets folder, and replace it. But that dont work, neither work when I edit the tga archives.
I need urgent help. Thanks so much

ERROR[PC_texturemunge world1\hotx.tga]:TextureMunge(hotx:123x123x1): Must have power of two dimensions!

WARNING[PC_modelmunge msh\hoth_bldg_ioncannon.msh]:hoth_bldg_ioncannon has 1089 vertices and NO COLLISION GEOMETRY (WILL BE SLOW)!

The error you're getting looks like the tga files aren't in a size that the game likes - powers of 2 -> 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, etc. I believe the first game typically uses 512x512 and 1024x1024. I'm not sure about BF2's limitations, but it should still follow that same sizing pattern.

Quote from: Idren on October 22, 2018, 06:37:59 PM
The error you're getting looks like the tga files aren't in a size that the game likes - powers of 2 -> 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, etc. I believe the first game typically uses 512x512 and 1024x1024. I'm not sure about BF2's limitations, but it should still follow that same sizing pattern.

but I replaced the tga archives where I realized  changes, and I put the original archives, so I dont know where is the problem when  I see white textures. Thanks man for your attention.

( how can I post some images about white textures for you to view the problem?)

Quote from: DarkHunter on October 28, 2018, 12:45:28 PM
but I replaced the tga archives where I realized  changes, and I put the original archives, so I dont know where is the problem when  I see white textures. Thanks man for your attention.

( how can I post some images about white textures for you to view the problem?)

I remember something too when editing tga files you have to make sure when you save you leave '... compression' unchecked. (If you're using GIMP)
Also I believe in the .msh file, if the texture is named incorrectly it could cause a problem?  I'd still say based on the original error message, the texture file in question 'hotx.tga' needs to be edited to be different dimensions - can't say what that will do to the object's texture mapping, but it should still be a power of 2.

If you head over to the Gallery https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=gallery and add a photo (it'll have to get approved, I believe), you can link the image you upload in a message using the code it gives you once it's on the site.

I just put DarkHunter in the Gallery Autoapprove group.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet