The SWBF2 PSP Conversion Pack (Version 6)

Started by AnthonyBF2, June 26, 2016, 11:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 26, 2016, 11:38:44 PM Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:42:11 PM by Anthony_b
These are mods I've had going for quite a while but have been only been using Gametoast as the primary home. I thought that it would be cool to finally share it here as well. (Starting on this site with V6)

We're currently on version six and it's growing pretty big so far, and it will only get bigger as there is still huge amounts of things that are being planned into future releases.

This is for the PSP version of SWBF2 for those who didn't fully process the topic's title. The main things in the mods are SWBF1 maps, Fake Console/Freecam, Skin Changers, Custom maps and tons more, with tons more being planned. You'll need a PSP emulator or a softmodded PSP to access them. I'd like to ask people not to discuss things like jailbreaking consoles, how to get emulators, where to downloads roms, etc because it's probably forbidden by this site's rules.

Changes & Additions: (Since version 5)
- Hero Assault for all default SWBF2 maps except Jabba's Palace - I just can't make it work
- Hunt for Feluica, CIS rocket troops vs Acklay
- Fixed era C for ctf and conquest on Crash Site map
- Fixed all black texture spots in various maps
- Added Easy Awards game mode to Death Star, SWBF1 Kamino, SWBF1 Geonosis and Tantive IV
- SWBF2 Geonosis finally prepared
- Era G conquest added for SWBF2 Geonosis, only vehicle is AT-AT
- Music restored across the entire game, but sacrifices command post voices and hero talking
- Hero Assault for Warehouse map
- XL mode for SWBF2 Mos Eisley, era G
- Fixed tutorial screens, these may or may not be replaced with something better
- Over half of the Rise of the Empire levels prepared
- Support unlimited custom user scripts
- Attempting to fix text issues for those playing with the European game version
- Scrubbed the Polis Massa windows clean *bird smashes into glass with cartoonish splat sound*

Installation:
- Delete the "_lvl_psp" folder located in PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\
- Put the "_lvl_psp" folder from the download inside of PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\ where the old folder was
- Compile your ISO/CSO
- Game is ready to play

Don't discuss on the forum:
- How to softmod the PSP consoles or the Vita
- How to obtain ripped game roms
- How to get emulators

Primary credits:
- Razac920 for the Free For All game mode source files and scripting stuff
- [RDH]Zerted for Fake Console and scripting stuff
- Teancum for hex editing tips and tips/suggestions for various other things
- LordAwesome23, RogueAssassin2488, TwinkeyRunaway for media
- Anyone who's given feedback, done testing, and reported bugs & issues
- DylanRocket for SWBF1 imports, testing, media, and tons of other tiny bits
- A detailed list of credits is still in planning for the official and final mod release (whenever that happens to be)
- Me (AnthonyBF2) for being the primary project leader
- LucasArts & Pandemic for this great game, Savage Entertainment for doing the best PSP port they could, Sony for the best handheld device in history, and Gametoast for everything related to modding SWBF games

Recent videos:
SWBF2 Geonosis -
Death Star -
XL mode for SWBF2 Mos Eisley -

Currently known bugs and issues:
- Fake Console WILL cause a crash in Campaign modes 100% of the time, don't even try
- Not all campaign maps are completely functional (which ones work/fail not yet documented)
- Texture & skin changers can crash the game randomly, please report which map/mode/era if you experience this
- Challenge game type is broken
- XL mode is pretty much only stable on a good computer using PSP emulator, barely playable on the real PSP
- Galactic Conquest is broken (black screen after finishing a map)

Future:
- More game modes for SWBF1 maps
- More skin options for Fake Console
- More heroes
- More vehicles
- More custom made maps
- More new game modes
- Replacement for tutorial screens (not yet confirmed what will be put there)

In the download you will only find game files - not the entire rom. This is a good way to circumvent the whole piracy thing. You'll have to already have the game obtained before being able to run the mods.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tbmc9gfx2m9nt8/Battlefront+II+PSP+Mods+Version+6.7z

I am open to feedback, suggestions, and testers. I am also open to receive people's assets for custom maps you've built so I can add them to the PSP mods - it's encouraged! I want the PSP mods to be endless!  8)

GT thread (starting on page one) - http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31833
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

You need to be able to mod your console, which will not be discussed here.
There are other places for those conversations.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

But where? I play this game on PPSSPP emulator.

First, I would read the description and the Gametoast tutorial to learn how to do it.  That's your best bet.
Messaging AnthonyBF2 would be next.  There are very few to none of us here who know how to do it.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

If you're asking how to put the mods in your console/device, you can download the newest version (v8 beta) from my Discord home: https://discord.gg/x3KyFnc

If you're asking how to make PSP mods, that's a very difficult process, so difficult that I am one of very few people who have ever tried, and I won't be taking the time and effort to teach people anytime soon.

Yeah, it's not a simple process. I won't be teaching anyone or make any guides until I finish my PSP and PS2 mods, which will still be a while.