WARNING: BACK UP GAME (Steam Update Advice)

Started by iamastupid, October 02, 2017, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Shaking_Sniper on October 03, 2017, 04:47:09 AM
Do you think SWBF 1 will ever become abandonware? They won't put it up on Steam.
I dont expect them to add it. 
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I once downloaded a pirated copy (I legally own a copy so it's technically allowed) then managing somehow to update it to an extent, allowing me to play SWBFSpy and mods perfectly fine without Disc, I was missing Jabba's Palace and a few fixes but it worked fine, I think if I look hard enough I might still have it, if so I could manually install the updates and then it would become a functional version without needing a disc. So it is possible to add BF1 to steam, even with the DRM (Besides for those players who do play older PC games, you'll know steam is no stranger to modified copies of games (Pirated copies) and emulation), it's the simple case of whether Didney will do so.

Quote from: iamastupid on October 03, 2017, 08:16:36 AM
I once downloaded a pirated copy (I legally own a copy so it's technically allowed) then managing somehow to update it to an extent, allowing me to play SWBFSpy and mods perfectly fine without Disc, I was missing Jabba's Palace and a few fixes but it worked fine, I think if I look hard enough I might still have it, if so I could manually install the updates and then it would become a functional version without needing a disc. So it is possible to add BF1 to steam, even with the DRM (Besides for those players who do play older PC games, you'll know steam is no stranger to modified copies of games (Pirated copies) and emulation), it's the simple case of whether Didney will do so.

Yeah, I don't think it works that way.  Anyway, piracy discussions are not allowed here.  If SWBF1 gets to steam, it must be done by the owner/developer/distributor/etc.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I was pretty shure this started out as a warning to back up steam SWBF2.
and now its about SWBF1 and steam. lol :rofl:
ohwell at leased the steam part stayed.

pardon my bumb questions but:
how does a game become abandonware anyway?
just time or what?
and who owns SWBF1 anyway?
and why does the US have a lack of rye bread?

Thanks.  :cheers:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer