Whats your favorite sport and why?

Started by Helios, November 28, 2012, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: {212}Mart on November 28, 2012, 05:38:19 PM
nascar doesn't involve any real skill...

Who told you that? NASCAR involves a TON of skills, including reflexes, bravery, smartness, and many many many other skills needed, how could you evade a crash at 210 MPH without any good reflexes?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Eh, I think the car helps the driver alot. I wouldn't call it bravery, maybe stupidty :rofl:

Then explain how Jeff Gordon ( my favorite driver) won his forst race with an extremely loose race car? Yes it is partly the cars but the average Joe couldn't compete in the lowest series in NASCAR with a car from the highest series.

Quote from: Droideka on November 28, 2012, 03:53:46 PM
Watching Mark Sanchez run into his own guy and then fumble the ball is pretty sweet too.

When did this happen?

Your average John couldn't run the country. :P

Basketball's always been my favorite sport. Mostly because of my height advantage but I really enjoy the strategy and the overall pace of the game. Both teams are constantly scoring so it keeps my attention span.
New York has basketball courts littered everywhere so the sport surrounds me. I live walking distance to three different basketball courts!

Also: NASCAR's actually one of the harder racing circuits to compete in. The slightest mistake can cost you more than just the race. It's popular among fans who understand it on a technical level.

#TYBG

Yeah, you really cant understand anything about NASCAR until you watch at least eight consecutive races.

Quote from: Droideka on November 28, 2012, 03:53:46 PM
Football, because Tom Brady.

No seriously, Football is just an amazing sport. Watching Mark Sanchez run into his own guy and then fumble the ball is pretty sweet too.
OMG i found another Patriots fan! wow this is cool! anyway i like to watch football i play it for fun like backyard type not really competitive and i like soccer (which i do play competitivly)

Quote from: Josh on November 28, 2012, 06:30:28 PM
Yeah, you really cant understand anything about NASCAR until you watch at least eight consecutive races.

Yeah, but you need to watch eight consecutive races.

Don't take it personally Josh but in my mind all NASCAR does is raise gas prices higher cuz they use so much  :XD: I admit it can be entertaining at times  :P

My favorite is basketball by far. I prefer the defensive side of the game. especially blocking (got 6 in my last game woop!) I can still take it to the hoop when i have to tho  ;) Can you dunk aeria? Im not the tallest so I'm still working on getting enough air to do it  :P

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Well, depends on how it's done...
Basketball: I only enjoy it when I am playing, or if its Texas, otherwise boring...
FootBall: Only fun when I'm playing also...
Soccer: Sucks unless I'm playing, and more fun when in Brazil ;)
BaseBall: NOW THATS A SPORT!
Golf: Golf (no offence to yall golfers, oh wait, nvm) is the most gay sport on the planet.

Oh, and is modding a sport?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 28, 2012, 07:15:09 PM
Well, depends on how it's done...
Basketball: I only enjoy it when I am playing, or if its Texas, otherwise boring...
FootBall: Only fun when I'm playing also...
Soccer: Sucks unless I'm playing, and more fun when in Brazil ;)
BaseBall: NOW THATS A SPORT!
Golf: Golf (no offence to yall golfers, oh wait, nvm) is the most gay sport on the planet.

Oh, and is modding a sport?

Ahem, I'm an avid golfer (when the summer hits). :P

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 28, 2012, 06:48:36 PM
Yeah, but you need to watch eight consecutive races.
eight consecutive laps is chore enough

Basketball because I play Shooting Gaurd for me school :D
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

November 28, 2012, 09:08:18 PM #29 Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:11:58 PM by aeria.
Quote from: {212} =-Norris-= on November 28, 2012, 06:51:32 PM
Don't take it personally Josh but in my mind all NASCAR does is raise gas prices higher cuz they use so much  :XD: I admit it can be entertaining at times  :P

My favorite is basketball by far. I prefer the defensive side of the game. especially blocking (got 6 in my last game woop!) I can still take it to the hoop when i have to tho  ;) Can you dunk aeria? Im not the tallest so I'm still working on getting enough air to do it  :P

Without the ball I can reach the hoop but I can't dunk. :(
I'm more of a mid range shooter. It's a range people tend to ignore since most either go for close or long range.

Golf's a great sport to play in the summer. Once you get your swing down, it's a fun experience. The walking is also a good workout. :)

#TYBG