Started by Helios, November 13, 2012, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playstation 3 or Xbox 360?

Xbox 360
9 (47.4%)
Playstation 3
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

I will add one note, that Halo 4 justifies getting an Xbox all by itself. There are a lot of great franchises on the PS3 that you won't be able to play, but you will still have all the sports games and Call of Duty, and Gears of war too.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

PS3 all the way.
Climate is what you expect. Weather is what you get.

Oh wait. Wii had two good games.

I shall vote for the PS3 due to this:

November 14, 2012, 10:35:52 AM #19 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:38:02 AM by Josh
The wii would have been a good console 15 years ago...  But I guess it all depends on what type games you like.

I have a question. In forza 4 how often do people use the talking headphone thingys? And why hasnt xbox made a portable console yet?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2012, 10:35:52 AM
And why hasnt xbox made a portable console yet?
I think the portable console market has shrunk hugely due to smartphones. The PSvita which came out recently hasn't even sold half of what Sony thoght it would.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

The vita is way over prised and has horrid controls and basically no games. No wonder they dont sell.

Sev, both consoles are great and you can't go wrong with either.
If you get an Xbox, you've made a good choice. If you get a PS3, you've made a... good choice.

Quote from: Hardcore on November 14, 2012, 05:31:16 AM
People make online intense, the game itself is the same despite what console its on. You'll find good players on both consoles, great players too and bad. The 360 is more common and you'll find largely more populated games on the xbox.

At this point both the consoles are basically the same in graphical power...both limited by memory....the xbox is slightly ahead in this but the ps3 has better hardware so it counters it.

In the end its all about the games you want to play, and what controller you like best it doesn't matter how good a game is on the ps3 if you hate the controller, or how good a the 360 looks if you don't like the games.
Both have ups and downs, its just about choosing what looks the best to you.

On the subject of specs (although not exactly related to the thread) ... I've taken a look at some people's projections of the next iteration of the Xbox, and it appears to have some CRAZY processing capacity.

November 14, 2012, 11:59:22 AM #23 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:04:32 PM by Disciple
Ps Vita was a fail because they realeased the ''Playstation Phone" known as Xperia Play, almost at same time and price ( with the games),the diference is that the Xperia is a phone, so why would anyone buy the PsVita? I know that`s from Sony Ericson but still has Sony in the name....

Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2012, 10:35:52 AM
The wii would have been a good console 15 years ago...  But I guess it all depends on what type games you like.
Not sure if serious, or just stupid.

How long have you been a gamer for exactly? Fifteen ago? 1997 About, Nintendo 64  era now back then that console technically had the best graphics over PS and Sega Saturn. So let's see what the differences are between Nintendo 64 and Wii.

Yes I'm sure fifteen year old technology is what the Wii is on par with.

personally a halo fan, but my friends here at school had ps3, and i ended up buyin a used one to play cod zombs. Its nice to not have to play online, but i think the main thing you should base decision on is friends and exclusive games (halo, gears, and whatever ps3 might have)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

I have a PS3. I researched into this a lot when I was deciding which one to get. I found that PS3 has very slight advantages over the xbox 360, but still advantages. The best advantages for me are 1.) the free PSN Network (i know xbox live is only ~50 bucks but hey its 50 bucks less I have to spend) and 2.) the controller feels wayy better to me.

I have a wii, and I can speak from experience that there are so few quality wii games, its the reason I got a ps3 instead. Ported games are HORRIBLE. And Nintendo seems to be the only quality game producer for wii. I will admit that the mario games were very entertaining and good graphics, though.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

November 14, 2012, 02:31:34 PM #27 Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:47:06 PM by Josh
Sk...                 I just got a game for the wii on gamefly, called nascar the inside line, rent it for yourself, try cockpit view. ITS AWFUL.  Then again EA cant do anything good in their nascar games. I wish papyrus and sierra still made nascar games. Those games where da BOMB! Id rather have super mario 64 over super mario galaxy ANY day, 1997 was when they made golden games. There are other bad graphic games that I could mention too. Im not calling the wii bad tho, its fun with a friend.

Its a hard one ,the are equal to me because they both have pros and cons.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

I have both systems. Both have great games, but Xbox has the better online. Playstation has much better graphics, more exclusives, but poorer online.

PS3 is great for games that go really deep into their surroundings like the Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts, or Ratchet and Clank series. The PS3 is also better for racing games like NFS or Ridge Racer. As for the online play, this is just from my experience, but dang people just suck. I mean they are terrible. Either they use really cheap tatics, or they are just completely incompetent. I played online once and got 74-2. That was a 1vs3 game. I cannot go into their spawn because there are invincible machine guns with autoaim to prevent spawn killing. I literally hung outside of their spawn, all alone, and just slaughtered them. Not to mention they all have better connection than me half of the time. I don't lag, but they still have a better connection. I'll admit, every once in a while I come across a good player. My overall kdr for that game is 3.0 or so.

Xbox is great for more linear based games like Halo, CoD, etc. Also it's control setup is better for shooting games.