Started by Helios, November 13, 2012, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playstation 3 or Xbox 360?

Xbox 360
9 (47.4%)
Playstation 3
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Just wondering which one to get because I hear 2 different sides of rhe story.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

It depends. What kind of games do you like? What games do you want? Do you mind paying for online service? Do you want Bluray? Do you have friends on one console over the other?

I would personally say Xbox, but that is from a person who likes Halo alot.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

The PS3 seems to have a lot more raw processing power than the xBox 360. However the graphics power of the xBox 360 is slightly higher than that of a PS3. Go figure, I personally say PS3 because it's CPU appears to be the more powerful one which leads to giving games more capability. Whichever one has the games you want to play really. I say screw both of them they are going to get replaced soon anyway wait for there successors to come out if you feel you must get a console.

I would really say invest in getting a gaming rig for yourself. PCs are eternally more powerful than consoles. They give you better graphics, better... well everything. If you don't like using a keyboard and mouse you can even use game-pads with PCs.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 13, 2012, 07:20:41 PM
The PS3 seems to have a lot more raw processing power than the xBox 360. However the graphics power of the xBox 360 is slightly higher than that of a PS3. Go figure, I personally say PS3 because it's CPU appears to be the more powerful one which leads to giving games more capability. Whichever one has the games you want to play really. I say screw both of them they are going to get replaced soon anyway wait for there successors to come out if you feel you must get a console.

I would really say invest in getting a gaming rig for yourself. PCs are eternally more powerful than consoles. They give you better graphics, better... well everything. If you don't like using a keyboard and mouse you can even use game-pads with PCs.
Apparently I went to my local gameshop and they said Xbox 720 was a total fraud!!!

Well of course they said that Microsoft hasn't announced anything yet. I am just saying that the seventh generation of consoles is nearing the end of there life. Also xBox 720 (Stupid name, the current one is called 360 as in 360 degrees a complete rotation. What do you get if you double it? The same thing.) if Microsoft calls it that I will never buy an xBox... ever.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 13, 2012, 07:50:38 PM
Well of course they said that Microsoft hasn't announced anything yet. I am just saying that the seventh generation of consoles is nearing the end of there life. Also xBox 720 (Stupid name, the current one is called 360 as in 360 degrees a complete rotation. What do you get if you double it? The same thing.) if Microsoft calls it that I will never buy an xBox... ever.
Lol they also told me that Xbox has quantity games but PS3 has Quality games.

Quote from: ComSharpshot on November 13, 2012, 07:53:41 PM
Lol they also told me that Xbox has quantity games but PS3 has Quality games.

Everyone has their own opinion. I myself am an Xbox 360 fan (as I have played both consoles at friend's houses, but never owned one). But it really does come down to if you want to pay for multiplayer or not, and what games you like. If you like Halo, Xbox 360. If you like Uncharted, PS3. If you like CoD, any of the 2 (or 3, don't forget PC), will do.

Quote from: Phobos on November 13, 2012, 08:01:41 PM
ps3
I myself feel a little bit more drawn to choose PS3 but I'm not completely sure.

Thanks for making this topic, im saving for one of these consoles and wondered which one I should get. If I get an xbox 360 I will get Forza 4, ps3 Gran Tourismo 5. Which console would be better for me based one that info?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on November 13, 2012, 08:09:33 PM
Thanks for making this topic, im saving for one of these consoles and wondered which one I should get. If I get an xbox 360 I will get Forza 4, ps3 Gran Tourismo 5. Which console would be better for me based one that info?

I think Forza 4 is SmartGlass compatible, so that could potentially be an advantage for the Xbox 360.

Isn't call of duty more intense online via PS3?

Quote from: ComSharpshot on November 14, 2012, 05:00:23 AM
Isn't call of duty more intense online via PS3?

I have played CoD WaW at a friend's house, on his PS3. And yes, it is intense.

People make online intense, the game itself is the same despite what console its on. You'll find good players on both consoles, great players too and bad. The 360 is more common and you'll find largely more populated games on the xbox.

At this point both the consoles are basically the same in graphical power...both limited by memory....the xbox is slightly ahead in this but the ps3 has better hardware so it counters it.

In the end its all about the games you want to play, and what controller you like best it doesn't matter how good a game is on the ps3 if you hate the controller, or how good a the 360 looks if you don't like the games.
Both have ups and downs, its just about choosing what looks the best to you.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I have a PS3 and i can say that you won`t get disapointed,I really like their exclusives like Gran Turismo 5,Uncharted 3,Infamous,Killzone.... ( for me PS3 exclusives are better then Xbox,but i really would like to play Halo),if you like playing online,on my point of view PS3 is better because it`s free and as it was already said here,BF3 and MW3 are more itense online in it.I don`t know in US but  at least here,90% of my friends that have a console they have a PS3,so that`s another think you need to think about.