SWBF Leaderboards 2 Official Thread

Started by Helios, July 28, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 28, 2014, 07:50:04 AM Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:07:57 PM by Helios
TO SIGN UP POST ON THE LINKED THREAD ------> http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8056.0

If you want to take part in the SWBF leaderboards please sign up below as an individual 2. Hopefully we can get a good number of players and have some good games. The rules are below.

Rules and outline:
The swbf leaderboards tournament will be for individuals will start on August 9th.

Individuals:
The people to join will be be given random numbers to order them in the scoreboard. If you want to move up in the rankings you need to challenge someone within 3 places of you(for example number 7 can challenge 6, 5 or 4). If you win you take their place and they move down one. New players have to start at the bottom and work up.

Every player is expected to accept 2 challenges a week but there is no maximum. Admins will oversee any matches where a player requests it but both players can agree to no admins before matches. If you want screenshots from the other player you can also arrange this before the match. There would be a time limit of 30 minutes per match for individuals (then first kill wins for ties). There will be no CP bleed (meaning reinforcements will only go down with kills and CPs can't be captured. Ticket count will be 25-25.

Both:
The defender would choose the era and map from (other maps here) and Mos Eisley with the condition that 2 people cannot play the same map twice in a row. The attacker would choose the team. Gameplay would be capturing cps but no special units for the sake of balance, there will be no AI, also defender chooses, whether the map is to be played in both 1.0 and 1.2 versions.

Maps: Seeing as to there were no suggestions, the three maps will be Mos Eisley: Cantina, Rhen Var Citadel, and Yavin 4: Arena

Rules:
1.Screenshots must be taken of all scores.
2.Mods are allowed including: Skins, Custom Reticules, and Radar/Minimap (Only if both players agree to it, radar can be distributed if you PM me)
3.No cussing/swearing
4. Let the Admin(s) deal with disputes (Do not become a mini-moderator)
5.Remember this just a game so be nice and play fairly with other players.
6.No challenging the same player more than 2 weeks in a row.
7. Be courteous with your opponents
8. No tanks, recon droids
9.If an admin is requested for a match the match must start within 10 minutes of the proposed time. It will  then start regardless of how many players are present.
10.Matches are based on the position of the players before the match not the leaderboard. Example: If player 5 beats 4 he is then out of range of player 8 even if the leaderboard has not been updated yet. Its not as confusing as that sounds.
11. Challenges must be accepted within 6 days and played 2 days after that or you will be moved below the challenger.
12.Any arguments over matches must be posted the same day     

Penalties for breaking these rules will normally take the form of a place drop.

Participants:
Helios (Admin)
Syyy (Admin)
Hades
Elite
BoMbeR
Klexmer
BabyEater
HGHG
Norwood
Ultimo
Nixo
Samistheone
Kelle
Phobos

PS: REGISTRATION HAS ENDED AND TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN! GOOD LUCK TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.
If you have any questions on the rules shoot me or Syyy a pm over swbfgamers and we'll try and come to a conclusion to remedy the complaint.

Leaderboards:

1.Hades
2.Elite
3.Nixo
4.Helios (Admin)
5.HGHG
6.BabyEater
7.Norwood
8.Kelle
9.Klexmer
10.Syyy (Admin)
11.Samistheone
12.BoMbeR
13.Wyobear

Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Are the Admins, Defenders, or Challengers hosting the servers for the matches?
I would prefer not to host myself, which would likely put an unfair advantage up for me. Other players lag on my servers but I run just fine.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

[16:57] {U.E.F}Anyder-={InViS}=-朱: btw
[16:57] {U.E.F}Anyder-={InViS}=-朱: what about hosting servers
[16:57] {U.E.F}Anyder-={InViS}=-朱: i guess it should be up to the attack or defender where the server should be
[16:58] {U.E.F}Anyder-={InViS}=-朱: cause if not this would be american host leaderborads
[16:58] [FC]Héłïøś: Ill get a few server hosts
[16:58] [FC]Héłïøś: u
[16:58] [FC]Héłïøś: rage
[16:58] [FC]Héłïøś: Anydedr, Rage, and maybe Led
[16:58] {U.E.F}Anyder-={InViS}=-朱: okey....

Hope this answered ur question
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Thanks!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Hades on July 28, 2014, 06:44:41 PM
Hope this answered ur question
Anyder is a confirmed server host, whereas Led and Rage are still need to be asked.

let me get this straight then, are you saying what Norwood said here is correct then?

[14:55] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: so if 5 battled 4 would five then be 4?
[14:55] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: if five won
[14:56] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: Correct
[14:56] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: and four would be five
[14:56] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: if Five attacked 2
[14:56] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: then five would be 2
[14:56] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: and 2 would be three
[14:56] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: oh?
[14:56] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: so you can jump to top really quick?
[14:57] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: you  can attack three spaces ahead of you
[14:57] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: at max
[14:57] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: so I could battle everyone in one day if I wanted too?

And my last question is: [14:57] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: so I could battle everyone in one day if I wanted too?

Quote from: Samistheone on July 29, 2014, 12:03:41 PM
[14:57] PatriotNorwood-={Mirky}=-: you  can attack three spaces ahead of you
And my last question is: [14:57] ¤♫♪»«{Alpha}Maj.§am»«♪♫: so I could battle everyone in one day if I wanted too?
1. Im thinking of limiting it to only 2 spaces ahead of you given that so far there is just over 10 people competing.
2. I need to speak with Syyy about maximum attacks per week.

I think players' availability will be enough to limit matches per week. One should avoid challenging the same player within two or three days. We should also have some sort of ladder stability through the weeks, so players can see who's currently the strongest, who's climbing, who's having a though time. ( by ladder stability i mean that we have enough matches for every player to have a rank, but not too much so the ladder isn't changing too much from a day to another )

I don't know if you can get my point, I can provide more explanation if needed.

Quote from: Syyy on July 30, 2014, 12:08:36 PM
I think players' availability will be enough to limit matches per week. One should avoid challenging the same player within two or three days. We should also have some sort of ladder stability through the weeks, so players can see who's currently the strongest, who's climbing, who's having a though time. ( by ladder stability i mean that we have enough matches for every player to have a rank, but not too much so the ladder isn't changing too much from a day to another )

I don't know if you can get my point, I can provide more explanation if needed.
The ladder is supposed to change a lot, but yea maybe not constantly, and we can discuss the limit
To matches per week topic over pm or xfire.

3 days until this thing begins running. I'm actually quite excited for some reason, even though my actual interest in SWBF is slowly declining. Lol
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Ok so tournament sign up is officially closed, tournament begins on saturday.

Great! Do we have any idea yet what our starting places are yet?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Official Starting Places (Randomized VIA Random.org):

HGHG
Nixo
Ultimo
Helios (Admin)
Norwood
BabyEater
Klexmer
Hades
Phobos
Samistheone
Syyy (Admin)
Elite
Kelle
BoMbeR

Ok ill make the first challenge, I challenge you Nixo, on GCW, Mos Eisley. You chose time.

I challenge Samistheone on GCW, Mos Eisley
You choose time
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

I'll challenge Kelle on GCW Mos Eisley, you choose time.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!