The Truth About Video Games

Started by Gold Man, December 04, 2013, 10:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noticed how Mac computers aren't included in any circle? :P (Unless you count a Mac as a PC, but whatevs)

December 04, 2013, 01:35:27 PM #2 Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:39:29 PM by aeria.
Unfortunately, this is accurate.

Macs are not cheap. The games tend to have toned down graphics and/or poor optimization thanks to lazy developers when porting the game. There's no PCI-E ports to install a TV tuner. iMacs themselves are built off laptops, the PC counterparts are significantly better when it comes to gaming. Mac Pros are shipping with workstation graphics cards so it's not even worth the bother.

The only Mac game I've played that had a really good port was Borderlands 2. It had good performance all the graphical effects were intact. Not even my beloved Counter Strike: GO has a good port. The frame rate spikes like crazy and it has a good chance of crashing. :(

#TYBG

Meh. I invested in the Mac not as a gaming machine but as a practical tool for my practice.
It runs TF2 fine, so I'm happy.

Although MAC computers are no good for gaming, they are quite effective for other use.
Crazy people do not know they are crazy. I know that I am crazy, therefore I'm not crazy!! Isn't that crazy?!?

MAC are for projects and homework, buying a MAC for playing its a stupid thing.
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!