the rep_fly_vtrans thread

Started by jdee-barc, March 22, 2017, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Still i would love if someone make a very short video showing the whole process.Im just curios like some other people who dont have BF1 installed at the moment to check this on their own.

April 15, 2017, 06:50:11 AM #16 Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:16:42 AM by jdee-barc
I'll try to do so. I figured out that for now the best way to deal with the disappearing ships is to just make it happen past beyond your line of visibility with these parameters.

TakeoffTime         = 3
TakeoffSpeed            = 20.0
LandingTime         = 1.5
LandingSpeed            = 8.0
TakeoffHeight           = 100.0

With these numbers, the carrier will just rise slowly into the air, and then it disappears when it is far away enough that we can't see it without zooming in. It doesn't look too sloppy

Also, a weird bug is that if somehow the LAAT/c is destroyed before it can drop an AT-TE it messes up the collision of the AT-TE (ie. you can walk through it). The best workaround here is to just give the carrier ship a very high maxhealth number so that it can't be destroyed (I have it at 15,000 - the uploaded version is at the default 2340 like the stock gunship)

Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: Gistech on April 15, 2017, 12:57:04 AM
Like the grappling hook and the disguise kit, the code for the Vtrans was removed from SWBF2 outright.

Another reason I'd love to have the source code for both games.
I know grappling hook crashes the game but the disguise kit seems stable, so I wonder why it was removed from SWBF2?

I agree, with the sources, we could basically combine all the best features from both games along with adding new features and improvements.

Quote from: jdee-barc on March 22, 2017, 07:07:32 PM
Here is proof of making the LAAT/c gunship work as it was intended to (sort of).
nice work :tu:

I didn't know, that there is no code for grappling hook and disguise kit for swbf2. Do you know if the possibility to lay down on floor is completely removed on swbf2, too?

Quote from: Triops on April 15, 2017, 01:37:53 PM
I didn't know, that there is no code for grappling hook and disguise kit for swbf2. Do you know if the possibility to lay down on floor is completely removed on swbf2, too?

The disguise kit has code but it doesn't work properly and outright crashes MP. As for prone, that code was replaced by the sprint code. They found they couldn't have both.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

April 15, 2017, 01:42:19 PM #20 Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:32:48 PM by Triops
Thanks Gistech for your very fast answer  :tu: I am learning very much about swbf1/2 here

Quote from: jdee-barc on April 15, 2017, 06:50:11 AM

TakeoffTime         = 3
TakeoffSpeed            = 20.0
LandingTime         = 1.5
LandingSpeed            = 8.0
TakeoffHeight           = 100.0

I just tried your new values for the odf file of the vtrans. Now the take off looks very good. Thanks again for this enrichment of the map of Geonosis.  :tu: