Alt+Tab and Loss of Sound

Started by BlackScorpion, February 28, 2015, 05:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Context:  I installed SWBF (3 CD set) on a computer running Windows 7.  That computer no longer works.  The first disk is stuck in the computer's CD bay.  Prior to that computer's failure, I had copy-and-pasted the LucasArts folderto an external hard drive and from that external hard drive copy-and-pasted it where it belongs on the newer computer.  SWBF works as it should, in general--there're black lines on either side of the screen but with BattleBelk's resolution changer Battlefront turns to 1080p in game.

Problem: When I alt+tab out of Battlefront, occasionally I return to Battlefront but with no sound.  I do not have this problem every time I alt+tab.   Indeed, sometimes I alt+tab once and return to Battlefront with sound only to, a couple of minutes later, alt+tab and return to no sound (so I can't think if it's a problem with something else I'm running).  Battlefront is the only game I have this alt+tab problem with.  I did not have this problem on my old notebook.

If you need to reinstall, I could hook you up with a disk image.

The sound problem seems hard to troubleshoot over the net given its intermittent nature.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on February 28, 2015, 07:00:41 PM
If you need to reinstall, I could hook you up with a disk image.

The sound problem seems hard to troubleshoot over the net given its intermittent nature.

I RegistryEdited in a CD key for testing...
I think it has something to do with some compatability thing--if something crashes the notification icon will be superimposed over SWBF (don't think things crash often when I'm running another game).