Star Wars Battlefront II map to 3d model

Started by ladiszlai, November 07, 2015, 07:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello , I am new in this website , I registered to ask this:

Is it possible to convert SWBF II maps to 3d model (.3ds or .obj) ?

I need to open a map to Blender.

November 07, 2015, 10:34:09 AM #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:32:23 PM by Ginev
Actually you can but without the terrain.Also as far as i know the models wont have textures.You will have to retexture them manually.

How to do it:You need the Battlefront 2 Modding Tools.I think you can download them from here or Swbffiles . com

If you know how to use the modding tools then when you open the map you like go to Object mode.On the left you will see the "EDIT OBJECT" menu.From there find and click "Multi select".After that start selecting all the objects on the map.It will take some time to select everything depending on which map you want since some maps have more objects placed.So when you are ready on the bottom of the EDIT OBJECT menu you will see "SAVE AS OBJ".By clicking it you can save all the selected objects into one obj file.After that you can open that in blender.However your obj file wont have textures like i said.I havent tested out yet how to add them without doing it manually.Sorry about that.

The other way is to get every model separately and they will have textures like that.If you are interested in this method send me a PM ill explain in detail.

But...but...but...but HOW?What about all my maps that i upload there?  :'(

Quote from: Ginev on November 07, 2015, 10:34:09 AM
Actually you can but without the terrain.Also as far as i know the models wont have textures.You will have to retexture them manually.

How to do it:You need the Battlefront 2 Modding Tools.I think you can download them from here or Swbffiles . com

If you know how to use the modding tools then when you open the map you like go to Object mode.On the left you will see the "EDIT OBJECT" menu.From there find and click "Multi select".After that start selecting all the objects on the map.It will take some time to select everything depending on which map you want since some maps have more objects placed.So when you are ready on the bottom of the EDIT OBJECT menu you will see "SAVE AS OBJ".By clicking it you can save all the selected objects into one obj file.After that you can open that in blender.However your obj file wont have textures like i said.I havent tested out yet how to add the without doing it manually.Sorry about that.

The other way is to get every model separately and they will have textures like that.If you are interested in this method send me a PM ill explain in detail.

Thank you , but I have a problem with the mod tools : When I am try to run the BF2_modtools.exe this give me an error : Please Insert CD 1

Can help me anyone ?

I've got GOG version of Battlefront II

If you are clicking the one that is located in the Modtools folder its giving the same thing and for me however if you want to make mods/maps you dont need that.If you want to create a new map that you want to work with go to Modtools/data/_BUILD and click on Modtools VisualMunge.exe

From there you have to give 3 letter and full name of your new map.Add some description and select conquest.Then click Create.This is how to create your map folder.Now i wont explain in detail how to continue.There is alot of tutorials about this.