271st Legion Mod

Started by ETW_Modder, December 08, 2013, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh, well it won't work in a common.lvl mod that I know of. You would have to place those modified CP's in zeroeditor on a custom map.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

You can call a custom common in the map lua.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 26, 2014, 08:48:53 AM #17 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:56:08 PM by ETW_Modder
Well, I think I screwed my game when I messed with the common.lvl, and I think I accidentally deleted the stock one because I thought it was modded. :slap: Oh well. I can still mod and playtest it, so that's good. Anyways, after finding some bugs with the Cody model for Commander Sirius, I changed it to the first model shown on the previous page. I'm considering using the AT-PT in the Alliance side folder as a vehicle for the Republic, but I don't know where to use it. I've fixed some skin bugs and have edited the engineer slightly, as well. I have also added a Mandalorian engineer to the Mando Side file.  :)
Here he is:
[spoiler]

This skin is based upon Unit 33's Mandalorian Skins
[/spoiler]

Here's an update on the Republic Side
[spoiler]

Cold Assault Trooper

Cold Assault Engineer

The Engineer's Backpack (Trooper's is secret)
These skins were all custom made by me on the basis of Tirpider's OTC BF2 Snowtrooper
[/spoiler]
I intend to use these in the next version, but for some reason any rep.lvl I munge causes the game to crash. I intend to just download another sidebuilder and copy all the data of this side to that and see if it works.
EDIT: Ok, apparently trying that didn't help. Even if I copy just one ODF line to this builder, the whole thing crashes. >:( Can someone please help me figure this out?

May 08, 2014, 06:10:47 PM #18 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:35:30 AM by ETW_Modder
I've updated the classes some for the final version of the Phase I 271st Legion, and here are some pics:
[spoiler]

The new Heavy Recon Commando Class (HRC). It replaces the sharpshooter and heavy classes.

Commander Sirius, the Republic Hero.

Clone Commander's new helmet skin

The Republic Heavy Recon Droid, a planned 6th class through use of the recon droid spawner that may make its way into the Phase II edition of the mod after heavy testing

Now here are some goodies for Phase II

Phase II HRC Trooper

Phase II Jet Trooper (I credit tirpider for this kitbashed asset I found while looking through the assets)
[/spoiler]
I've also updated the main post of this topic to include a little mini-wiki on the 271st Legion.
Here is a New Captain

Captain Nades of the 271st Legion of the Grand Army of the Republic earned his title through his professional usage of a variety of grenades and detonators. He favored the usage of explosive weapons and carried some form of destructive equipment at all times. His weapon layout normally consisted of a DC-15S Blaster Carbine, a Rocket Launcher, an EMP Launcher, Thermal Detonators, and Concussion Grenades, though on some missions he carried timebombs, detpacks, or explosive mines. His armor was similar to that of 501st Clone Captain CT-7567, known as Rex. For lack of a better term, this armor has been titled "Phase 1.5" Clone Trooper Armor. Captain Nades was one of the many Clone Troopers of the legion that left into the Outer Rim under the orders of Commander Sirius.

Finally decided to make a Phase 1 Clone Engineer, and here is the product.

Those skins look pretty cool! Keep up the good work.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

September 27, 2014, 09:36:32 AM #22 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:35:38 AM by ETW_Modder
I'm back with progress on the Mandalorians!

Pics:
[spoiler]Mandalorian Assault Trooper
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mandalorian Heavy Weapons Gunner
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mandalorian Engineer
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mandalorian Elite Trooper
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mandalorian Commander
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Now, all I need is ideas for Vehicles, some weapons, and who the Mandalorian Hero should be. Any ideas?

EDIT: On the maps that the mod does work on at this point, the sides work great, except you can't spawn as a Clone Engineer or HRC trooper. So, if anyone can help me figure out at least one of these problems, that would be great!

Quote from: ETW_Modder on September 27, 2014, 09:36:32 AM
EDIT: On the maps that the mod does work on at this point, the sides work great, except you can't spawn as a Clone Engineer or HRC trooper. So, if anyone can help me figure out at least one of these problems, that would be great!

Is this the one you are trying to use the recon spawner on?
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

No. That was experimental, a side project.

This is a very nice mod for the game! THe only one problem is that the 2.0 version just crashed in most map. I like your skins, but I think the old engineer is better than newest.