SWBF2 Game Night?

Started by Droideka, November 10, 2012, 08:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi folks,

Since the SWBF servers are down now, and it sounds like a few people are having trouble with Tunngle, I'd like to suggest having a SWBF2 night since those servers are still up.

I'm up for playing any mode, and I'd suggest a game sometime between now and Monday (I have a long weekend)

What does everybody think?  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

How about I turn my volume up when I play SWBF next and you can listen on teamspeak :P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Droideka on November 10, 2012, 08:49:43 PM
Hi folks,

Since the SWBF servers are down now, and it sounds like a few people are having trouble with Tunngle, I'd like to suggest having a SWBF2 night since those servers are still up.

I'm up for playing any mode, and I'd suggest a game sometime between now and Monday (I have a long weekend)

What does everybody think?  :moo:

I'm all for it! I don't necessarily have and mods though, just Rend's Mos Eisley, Geonosis Freight Dock, and The SWBF3 Temple of Hope, as far as mod maps go. Though I would be happy to play SWBF2 with all of ya.  :D

If anybody wants to play mods, that's fine with me, however I think going on a public server will probably bring in more folks that don't regularly play SWBF2. If we get a dedicated group of players maybe we can have a mod map night  :cheers:

Quote from: Buckler on November 10, 2012, 08:54:51 PM
How about I turn my volume up when I play SWBF next and you can listen on teamspeak :P
But all I would hear is your character repeatedly dying....on second thought, maybe that would be fun  ;)

You mean there's a SWBF 2? Mind = Blown

Yes, there is  :P

Maybe we can giveaway a Steam copy of it sometime, since it is a relative of SWBF1 :D

LOL Led xD (And Droideka x) )
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I'll give it a go at some stage, but not this weekend. I want to get behind and support Tunngle playing this weekend. 

Now that said, I'll give up tunngle and SWBF 1, for SWBF2 forever, if one of you talented gents can mod several  swbf2 maps to behave like a 1.2 game.  If you can do that, I'll recant and convert.

So how about that !  Someone up for modding swbf2 to perform like swbf 1.2 ?  Then we could host 1.2 servers on the swbf2 platform.  Before you go yeah right, it could never happen, I have seen the jetdroid patch and some amazing things come out of the talent of this website, so how about putting your creative heads together?

Just a thought. I can't, cause I suck at modding of all persuasions.

Quote from: {PLA} Roland on November 14, 2012, 01:56:19 AM
I'll give it a go at some stage, but not this weekend. I want to get behind and support Tunngle playing this weekend. 

Now that said, I'll give up tunngle and SWBF 1, for SWBF2 forever, if one of you talented gents can mod several  swbf2 maps to behave like a 1.2 game.  If you can do that, I'll recant and convert.

So how about that !  Someone up for modding swbf2 to perform like swbf 1.2 ?  Then we could host 1.2 servers on the swbf2 platform.  Before you go yeah right, it could never happen, I have seen the jetdroid patch and some amazing things come out of the talent of this website, so how about putting your creative heads together?

Would this mod act like a patch for the game, or would it just be several SWBF2 maps with 1.2 classes?

Thing is the way SWBFII is built means it is impossible to recreate SWBF to the gameplay you know and love on it.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 14, 2012, 04:15:50 AM
Thing is the way SWBFII is built means it is impossible to recreate SWBF to the gameplay you know and love on it.

I guess the only real way to achieve that would be to have a sides mod that recreates the SWBF1 1.2 sides, onto SWBF2. I can't necessarily think of any other way to do that though.

And no, I don't mod myself, I'm just they guy that tosses ideas around. :P

Quote from: {PLA} Roland on November 14, 2012, 01:56:19 AM

Now u sound english Roland :P
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I don't mind. How about Heroes Assault no force powers?

If the SWBF2 Nights are happening, count me in, and I am hoping for CW era, I'm a bawss with that shotgun.  ;)