SWBF 3 - The Classes to Look For

Started by Ultimo, December 16, 2014, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Let's take a moment to discuss the classes we'll be seeing in SWBF3.
We know DICE generally uses a 4-class system, so I'm expecting to see another Assault, Engineer, Support, and Recon classes.

-Assault
Auto Rifle (likely upgradeable and potential for other autos)
Secondary blaster (above)
Grenade (variable)
Equipment (above)

-Engineer
SMG style blaster (upgrade, variable)
Secondary
Repair Gun
Equipment

-Support
Shotgun style weapon
Secondary
Explosive Device
Possibly a second carry on main weapon

-Recon
Sniper Rifle
Secondary
?Recon Droid?
Spotting Device

•Lets discuss the possibilities, shall we?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Well I don't think there's much to add to your list, it's overall pretty coherent. I just hope they ( DICE ) stay true to the two previous games and don't forget specific units and mechanics ( i.e. jets, droidekas, wookie... ). I've read that the assault mode in swbf2 was very popular and people hope to see it again in SW:B, so maybe jedis?

I hope for that as well, Syyy. I look at it now, and I think I hit the target spot on with my guesses. I mean... I can't think of much else they could do. But I'm going to refine what I said going off of what I know about the previous two Battlefields (excluding Hardline)

===========
Here is an Unfinished list of what I'm thinking we'll be seeing. I would finish it right now but I'm starting to get (another) headache and probably should lay off for a bit.

The Classes and Potential Weapons - All weapons may/may not be Canon to the Star Wars series, but they all have potential...

Assault Class

Engineer Class

Support Class

Recon Class
Main Carry
- DC-15x
- E-5
- E-11
- X-45
- Valken-38

And, last but not least, we mustn't forget the ability to play as a Star Wars Hero/Villain. Think of any of the Heroes/Villains we see in Star Wars Battlefront 2, and you can probably expect to see any of them in SWBF3. However, their use will likely be limited in Online Matches, and I'm willing to say that the ability to play as a Hero/Villain will be Premium-Only.

Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper