EXTREME GCW Space Battle

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, October 30, 2009, 07:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So people are always talking about how if you really know what you're doing, space battles take like 5 minutes even when the points are cranked up to 300 or so, right? Well, I just thought up a little mod map to stop that. Here's what I have in mind:

The points possible for the match: 1,000 (!)
The era: GCW
The Map: Death Star Space
Layout: 2 Imperial capital ships, 1 Rebel capital ship, 1 ground rebel base, (Yavin 4 Temple CP, with X-wings and Y-wings in it, you glide over the trees for a second or so (Hangar is above the trees) and you see a brief space hyperdrive type thingy, and poof, you are in space.) and for the Imps: The Death Star itself.
Death Star: Glide over the surface for a bit, then there is a long, narrow trench. At the end lies a small thermal exhaust port (Or something that looks like that, maybe just a whole in the trench. I don't know.) Which the X-wing can lock onto and fire its missiles at, destroying the death star. The Empire, of course, has the two hangars in the Death Star to launch their ships from. (CPs 1 and 6) Beyond that, is the Death Star: Interior map, minus CPs, or at least no capturable ones. Along the trench is TONS of auto-turrets.
Points: Standard, 1 point for each kill, 18 points for capital ship systems, and for the Rebs: If they manage to get an X-wing in the trench and destroy the DS, they get the full 1,000 points right then and there. (Heck YES!)
Ships: No landing craft/transports for either side, besides that all ships for imperials, but for the Rebs: Mostly X-wings with a couple Y-wings here and there. Like a 6:2 ratio of X-wings to Y-wings. (6 being X-wings)
Obviously, this would be dead hard as the rebs, but dead fun. Any thoughts?

October 30, 2009, 08:03:51 PM #1 Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:08:13 PM by Jon415
that sounds awsome!!!
ive really gotta get swbf2

Anyone willing to work on this? I'd really like to see something like this.

There are already a couple different iterations of a map like this. I don't recall offhand what they are called, but a bit of browsing around either SWBFFiles, GT, or both will lead you to them.

Well, I saw a vid of a mod space map similiar to this, but the fact that you couldn't win limited it and there wasn't any space combat a little bit off the death star. I think this just cleans up the couple flaws that that map has.

i would like to play in swbf2 mod maps, but am so new that i think i need to stay close to the ground. or i can let a friend do the driving.

Quote from: ~{PLA}~ Seth on November 02, 2009, 03:34:32 PM
Well, I saw a vid of a mod space map similiar to this, but the fact that you couldn't win limited it and there wasn't any space combat a little bit off the death star. I think this just cleans up the couple flaws that that map has.
"This" doesn't clean up anything because it's just an idea post. That means nothing unless it is implemented (which I am sure you personally do not plan on doing). You're not going to get something on this scale much better than what's already been done, and you're certainly not going to get it by just posting "hey neat idea, right guys?"

sorry to bring you back to the topic Maveritchell, but you have to admit ideas is what gets things done. and ideas is what presents passions out for everyone to hear. this might be something close to thier heart. i got lost in all the ideas in this post, so that is why i post a general response which is kind of my passion. i just want to pay with others in multiplayer in cool mod maps. i have a feeling some of the most coolest ones are in swbf2. i am learing more can be done alot easier in swbf2. i favor more swbf1 for main play.