the tournament of challenges!

Started by Ltin, June 20, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 20, 2013, 06:19:14 PM Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:35:19 AM by Ltin
well, this isn't really a tournament, but, whatever.
Not enough people, not going to happen :'(
I would like to see how many people are interested in a competition where people compete to gain points from challenges suggested by the players.
SUBBMISSION
a person, (may or may not be a part of the tourney) would send me a pm detailing what a challenge is, and how many points they think it should be worth (any subbmissions before the first list comes out dont need a point value). A list will be edited periodically (but not regularly) with the challenges, their point values and the creator.

PROOF OF COMPLETION
Proof must be shown of a completed challenge. This can be in any format that is viewable by someone who doesnt have file viewing software on their comp. A video, photo, or .tga file are all acceptable.

RULES
Up to two people can succede in a challenge and get points.
Unless otherwise marked, all challenges require the game to be 100% stock. If it is not, then the ammount of points the challenge is worth will be docked.
points will be kept in a table in the OP.
A person cannot recive points for completing their own challenges.
If a challenge has been on the board for a while, then the ammount of points it is worth may be raised.

PROPOSED CHALLENGES
[spoiler]
(these are just the names, still cant allow any cheaters. you can try and guess what they are though)
1). Pixelmation
2). President Madagascar
3). President Greenland
4). The worst soldier ever...
5). ...Of all time
most of these names and what they entail are references to video games in some way shape or form (actually only two, but whatever)
[/spoiler]

If you have any questions please ask!

current participants (subject to change):
Me (possibley)
Josh
gdh

I would actually like to make this happen, but i would like atleast 3 or 4 people to join not including me however.

I don't fully understand, but I'm game for any tournament I can join, as long as it is Openspy or SP.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

its single player. im going to need to know what you dont understand so i can clear it up. that first post is a bit of a mess....

Quote from: Ltin on June 20, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
That first post is a bit of a mess...
Pulled a Josh, eh?
Quote from: Ltin on June 20, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
I'm going to need to know what you don't understand so I can clear it up.
Just little things like what kind of challenges?  But I think I understand now what you mean, sounds like fun.

the challenges are come entirely from anyone in the community, as for submitting challenges, that will be explained once i work out how its going to work

Once I'll see how it works I'll see if I want to do it. :)

June 20, 2013, 07:20:11 PM #6 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:37:01 PM by Ltin
Ill try to make it more organized
edit: done

I think I get it. I'll join but someone will have to do a "practice round" so I fully understand. :)

I really dont see how a practice round would be able to be done. Its really simple i think. Take a screenshot of you having completed the challenge, or take a video of you completing the challenge, and post it somewhere i can see it.

I'll join to get your numbers up. :)
Am I right in thinking that an example would be 'get 150 kills on jabba's palace in GCW' and then we would get 5 points for doing it (or something like that) when we posted a screenshot.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Ltin, you say we can post proof with a video, picture, or TGA file. We can do all of those, but TGA, since it ain't supported on this site. :(

How do you control difficulty etc.?

Game Difficulty is irrelevent most of the time, as yhe challanges wont all be things like kill this many people or get thisany death. They could be things like get up the this point in a map and such. Difficult y is irrelevent.

I would not say irrelevent. It would be easier to score points on a lower difficulty than it would an "Hard" mode.

Not nessecerly. Not every challenge is "kill this many people". This isnt about skill. Most of the challenges will be stuff like "get to this point without a jet trooper or dark trooper and stuff (hence, no mods allowed)"