[ICW] Week 5

Started by Oven, August 12, 2012, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

good game Fc. sorry some of our members held up the start time.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

FC flamed before the battle. Not sure much can be done since Jamman never issued a warning.
I have pictures, if needed PM me.

Other than that, good game FC.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 18, 2012, 12:54:20 PM
FC flamed before the battle. Not sure much can be done since Jamman never issued a warning.

As do I. But Jamman didnt issue a warning so It isnt a problem.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 18, 2012, 12:54:20 PM

Darman got in a argument with Jamman which involved one bad word being said.

I have a screencap of 212-killfire cussing also during the battle if needed

For me it is funny when you are talking about flaming. I don't like it but it is there since i started swbf1 and that is seven years ago. Even if you "punish" the flamer. There is nothing you can do. You can't say that he isn't allowed to play in battles, because he can play with another name. You can't ban him from the servers because he can get a nickchanger. Just ignore the flaming. That's the only thing you can do.

ps. I am Icemen, one of 212's leaders

I sticantbeleivewe let jr get highest score:D

Quote from: evosoul on August 18, 2012, 01:37:34 PM
For me it is funny when you are talking about flaming. I don't like it but it is there since i started swbf1 and that is seven years ago. Even if you "punish" the flamer. There is nothing you can do. You can't say that he isn't allowed to play in battles, because he can play with another name. You can't ban him from the servers because he can get a nickchanger. Just ignore the flaming. That's the only thing you can do.

ps. I am Icemen, one of 212's leaders

I can always get an IP address and ban them.  Trust me, I have my ways  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 18, 2012, 03:04:15 PM #53 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:06:13 PM by Oven
No punishments will be issued for the Tranquan match, since the flaming seems to have been fairly minor, no warning was issued, etc.
Quote from: evosoul on August 18, 2012, 01:37:34 PM

Wrong. However I will concede that a little trash talk is not such a bad thing and should realistically be expected.

Buckler, there are IP Changers or  Proxy Servers do get another IP. So your ban will be no help. The Esl tried it with ip checks and that doesnt help

Quote from: evosoul on August 19, 2012, 08:58:05 AM
Buckler, there are IP Changers or  Proxy Servers do get another IP. So your ban will be no help. The Esl tried it with ip checks and that doesnt help

I have five years experience with banning morons.  I know all about proxy servers...and every other trick. If I want someone to stay banned, then stay banned.

Hope thats true. I only know that there are some ways to fool a ban and that the ESL didn't have a chance against that. I hope you are right and that you can do that Buckler.

Quote from: evosoul on August 19, 2012, 09:37:35 AM
Hope thats true. I only know that there are some ways to fool a ban and that the ESL didn't have a chance against that. I hope you are right and that you can do that Buckler.

There are many layers and levels of complexity that can be applied.  Having a private server is one aspect and keeps most riff-raff out.  If someone is intent on causing a disturbance they surely will for a short time.   However, there are counter measures for each escalation that I don't need to go into here.  For now, let's not look for trouble and just deal with it when it comes up.   :cheers:

August 19, 2012, 10:10:15 AM #58 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:48:20 AM by Oven
Buckler, can you host a DC for coruscant city?

Oh, and the Sunday servers are not up yet, with 10 minutes to go until Bespin.

Quote from: Oven on August 19, 2012, 10:10:15 AM
Buckler, can you host a DC for coruscant city?

Oh, and the Sunday servers are not up yet, with 10 minutes to go until Bespin.

CW bespin server was up at 2:05 , DC coruscant is up, same IP

Please include eras  ;)