Assault On Theed Gameplay Video

Started by Giftheck, June 10, 2017, 06:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Look at it. LOOK AT IT!

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Wow, I thought we would all have to wait until E3 to see this. Doesn't look like a massive gameplay change to the first one but still looks like a solid 8 or 9 out of 10 game. Also, was that the Clone Wars voice actor doing the Clone voice? If so, that's great. I find this multi-era thing weird though. Why would Rey be fighting alongside Clones?

Quote from: swgaming1015 on June 10, 2017, 07:08:37 AM
Wow, I thought we would all have to wait until E3 to see this. Doesn't look like a massive gameplay change to the first one but still looks like a solid 8 or 9 out of 10 game. Also, was that the Clone Wars voice actor doing the Clone voice? If so, that's great. I find this multi-era thing weird though. Why would Rey be fighting alongside Clones?

EA Play is today.

Yes, that is Dee Bradley Baker voicing the clones.

As for the heroes, they indicated that heroes will be cross-era but units will not.

The video has since been taken down.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

How interesting... Me, and EA, takes the same project... Curiously who's will get the bounty first...  8)
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

The VIDEO IS BLOCKED.DARN MY LUCK DARRRRRNNN IT!!!!  :fist:

Here's an alternate link: https://vimeo.com/221073225

I'm caustiously optimistic. It looks wonderful and I love all the voice acting. However gameplay modes, replay-ability  and single player content will be the deciding factor for me. I'm sososososo glad they have CW though!

I'm also not too happy about the cross era heroes. Kind of breaks the idea of playing an actual battle from the films/TV shows.
My guess is they have cross era heroes because they lack sufficient numbers of heroes to do era specific.
Like they don't want to make an Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Cpt. Rex etc. so they just throw in Han Solo which they already have and that cuts down the number of heroes in the game altogether.

Quote from: Sereja on June 10, 2017, 07:25:56 AM
How interesting... Me, and EA, takes the same project... Curiously who's will get the bounty first...  8)
When your excited for EA's SWBFII but low key excited for Sereja's new Theed Map even more.

This looks so much better than their first game!
The years just fly past, don't they?

I have a theory that they simply haven't finished many more heroes than Rey and Maul, and their hands were forced a little since they needed to show some evidence of heroes.

I was so happy to see that they finally removed the crappy auto aim for the air combat...  :cheers:

... or the people playing didn't use it.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 11, 2017, 02:22:06 AM
I have a theory that they simply haven't finished many more heroes than Rey and Maul, and their hands were forced a little since they needed to show some evidence of heroes.
I hope so. I haven't seen very many people online happy with the cross era heroes. I'm hoping they take the hint and take that out of the game before it's final release. That shouldn't be anything more than a coding issue as they wouldn't have to make new models or get voice actors or anything.

Developer Dennis Brännvall says that they're undecided on cross-era heroes. As for skirmish, it will be in the game... but won't necessarily be an exact mirror of the multiplayer game modes. Apparently this is because they didn't want MP to be limited because they had to make the game modes compatible with the AI. It'll be more customizable than the first game. No further details.

The cross-era heroes thing is probably my primary concern with the game at this point. It feels odd to have that as a function while maintaining immersion.

I'll still be looking to see how much they invest in singleplayer. And if they decide to keep this game going or just nearly abandon it like they did the first one.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

I'm fine with the Cross-Era thing as long as they keep it a special game mode.Also, video links have been taken down by EA (heck it even says so), so I not sure if I'm seeing the right thing:https://www.youtube.com/embed/_H8p8De5c8M

What I'm really liking is the new orchestra soundtracks, which are slightly modified version of the originals, but make it sound like an entire new piece.They match each character and certain instances (example a death) very well.The surround sounds seem to be giving me a Battlfield 1 kinda vibe though, with all that clarity and realism (in the Star Wars Universes).
Generic Sig goes here

June 12, 2017, 03:06:27 AM #14 Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:51:05 PM by Shaking_Sniper
Quote from: Sereja on June 10, 2017, 07:25:56 AM

And now we have are new Michael Bay movie.
Generic Sig goes here