Skirmish Mode Released!

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 09, 2016, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gistech on July 16, 2016, 07:17:53 AM
You can also bet some people have done basic skin modding via Texmod for the game.

Is that a thing for SWBF EA?

I know it's possible for SWBF the originals.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 16, 2016, 07:18:40 AM
Is that a thing for SWBF EA?

I know it's possible for SWBF the originals.

Texmod skinning? I've never actually searched for it up until literally just now, but it should be doable, if it's not already been done. The trouble is, even searching for one on YouTube or Google brings up a ton of SWBF2 mods first.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on July 16, 2016, 07:26:21 AM
Texmod skinning? I've never actually searched for it up until literally just now, but it should be doable, if it's not already been done. The trouble is, even searching for one on YouTube or Google brings up a ton of SWBF2 mods first.

I'd love for this to be something, it'd make people happy as it would only be a client side thing. Right?

Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 16, 2016, 07:34:25 AM
I'd love for this to be something, it'd make people happy as it would only be a client side thing. Right?

Here's an idea as well: why not allow people to use tools to make their own skins on PC, upload those to a server and allow them to be downloaded by anyone?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 16, 2016, 07:38:05 AM
Here's an idea as well: why not allow people to use tools to make their own skins on PC, upload those to a server and allow them to be downloaded by anyone?

Yeah, and then those skins would be able to be used by anyone without having to get to a certain level in game.

I'm not good at modding, so I wish this was a thing as I hate the leveling system in EA's SWBF.

July 16, 2016, 07:43:33 AM #35 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:45:08 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: Ltin on July 16, 2016, 06:59:04 AM
I know it's a different game/developer, but EA has supported modding on Simcity.

But that's a Single Player game. They can't really do much to stop Single Player from getting modded.

Multiplayer on the other hand irritates those who just want to play properly.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 16, 2016, 07:43:33 AM
But that's a Single Player game. They can't really do much to stop Single Player from getting modded.

Unless they add a way to detect skin customization that they haven't added, then there is nothing they can do to stop client side custom skins on their BF.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 16, 2016, 07:43:33 AM

Multiplayer on the other hand irritates those who just want to play properly.
If the instant action thing goes through it could be a similar situation to Simcity. You can make client side changes to multiplayer, and make "simulation changes" (which they said you weren't allowed to do, but people did anyway) on single player, but they wouldn't work on multiplayer (well they would, but you would get rollbacks).

Quote from: Ltin on July 16, 2016, 09:14:21 AM
If the instant action thing goes through it could be a similar situation to Simcity. You can make client side changes to multiplayer, and make "simulation changes" (which they said you weren't allowed to do, but people did anyway) on single player, but they wouldn't work on multiplayer (well they would, but you would get rollbacks).

Would Client side mods continue to work on EA's BF? Would it get roll backed?

Quote from: Ltin on July 16, 2016, 09:14:21 AM

The thing is though, this Skirmish mode is co-op as well though, isn't it?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 16, 2016, 09:30:36 AM
Would Client side mods continue to work on EA's BF? Would it get roll backed?
ignore the rollback part; that's a simcity thing
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 16, 2016, 09:32:11 AM
The thing is though, this Skirmish mode is co-op as well though, isn't it?
This is true. I guess it would depend on how the game treats singleplayer differently from multi-player.

We haven't actually established that this sort of thing is possible yet have we?

Quote from: Ltin on July 16, 2016, 01:47:26 PM
This is true. I guess it would depend on how the game treats singleplayer differently from multi-player.

We haven't actually established that this sort of thing is possible yet have we?

How I see it is if Single Player tracks your Multiplayer progress, it's going to be more risky modding it than if Single Player had very little if not any connection with Multiplayer.

Skirmish gameplay:

AI have their Pandemic names (though only the Rebel names, no TK-421 etc, but Nom Carver and Kyp Astar are back!)
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 20, 2016, 01:54:19 PM
Skirmish gameplay:

AI have their Pandemic names (though only the Rebel names, no TK-421 etc, but Nom Carver and Kyp Astar are back!)

I'll watch them once I've actually played Skirmish ;)

Also, apparently co-op Skirmish is split-screen only?

Also, what time does it come out?

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 20, 2016, 02:03:50 PM
I'll watch them once I've actually played Skirmish ;)

Also, apparently co-op Skirmish is split-screen only?

Also, what time does it come out?

The bots are much improved compared to missions (though on easy they still line up and die, Hard and Master are supposed to represent a challenge).

First question: Skirmish can be played solo, split-screen co-op (consoles only) or online co-op.

As for when it comes out, I believe it's 10AM GMT tomorrow.

An interesting article regarding Skirmish and the Season Pass, plus some talk on the next game: http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-offline-mode-the-death-star-and-battlefront-2/
In Progress:

On Hold: