SWBFgamersUpdate 1.0 Public Beta Release

Started by Led, January 03, 2012, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was gonna download this but I saw a post that said the maps don't show up in singleplayer! That's all I play!! Also What maps are in this? I don't mean "SWBF community maps and conversions" I mean what are the names of the maps. Also does this work on mac? And lastly when is the new version coming out that reduces the file size?

I don't see that I have made a map list.  So, SWBF2 conversions plus other maps will have to work for you right now.  I plan to add the new maps that have been converted since I have been working on it...tantive, etc.  A single player version may be possible.  We will have to see.

When will it get done?  When I have time to work on it again.  It has been a busy summer.

I was hoping for a larger community effort  ;)  but since it has not materialized we have to make do with the pace of my own progress.

I think maybe it is time to ask for help again.  What I need next are some cool units and skins, and some balance to various sides.  Any contributions are welcome.  I could use some compiled sides that are as compact as possible that use new skins and weapons (i.e. leave out the vehicles).  I need to know the name of the unit to call up (make it non-standard name so I can also call standard units too), a picture of the mod/skin, a description of the skin, and a complete list of credits.

For archival purposes, I also want the side assets.

Using that information, I can make mission lua for all the various maps in different combinations.

(we could really use a new era too  ;) )

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

You could use my sides idea made by sereja? The link to the topic is in my signature...

July 11, 2012, 04:45:04 PM #48 Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:48:41 PM by Phobos
I might be able to help with balancing custom side ODFs and weapons. However I'm taking a break from skin modding for a while.

I'm hoping someone can post a weapon model assets pack, maybe collected some models from GT and other various sources. I've been looking for some good weapon msh replacements.

July 12, 2012, 02:04:27 PM #49 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:35:04 AM by Unit 33
Quote from: Buckler on July 11, 2012, 04:17:27 PM
I think maybe it is time to ask for help again.  What I need next are some cool units and skins, and some balance to various sides.  Any contributions are welcome.  I could use some compiled sides that are as compact as possible that use new skins and weapons (i.e. leave out the vehicles).  I need to know the name of the unit to call up (make it non-standard name so I can also call standard units too), a picture of the mod/skin, a description of the skin, and a complete list of credits.
If you make some more specific requests we can work on what you have in mind.

You should update the "stuff that needs to be done topic".

Is there going to be another update, and where are the servers?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Yes there can be.   But basically I need some help.  We need balanced unit mods and new skins to be made into efficient side files that I can load.  With tirpiders new msh's and Regent's skins, and sereja's  weapon releases, we are just some creative minds and tapping keyboards away from getting thing up and running again.

Care to lend a hand?

How about an SVN? Overkill for a mod maybe. But it would allow much more organization for completing the task.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 28, 2012, 08:27:02 PM
How about an SVN? Overkill for a mod maybe. But it would allow much more organization for completing the task.

err, what's that?   :shrug:

Basically it is a version control system, it let's you save changes to something and it will keep an older version of the file. It is commonly used in the open source community due to the fact it syncs up your computers one with the main one being stored on the web on a site like http://code.google.com/. The sync part is the bit I think could be handy for this situation.

Just wonering but is this even a "thing" any more? I mean the servers are down and this mod is useless for singleplayer gamers (which there are probably more of) so what's happening with this?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 27, 2013, 12:54:21 PM
Just wonering but is this even a "thing" any more? I mean the servers are down and this mod is useless for singleplayer gamers (which there are probably more of) so what's happening with this?

With the release of the LUA, it can be incorporated in SP.  I still consider it "beta".  It was a proof-of-concept and it did indeed work.

If you are asking when I have time to work on it, I can let you know in a couple more years.

If you want to make your own massive mod, go right ahead.  You can use the developers kit that I made as a starting point.

I didn't mean to offend. I was just wondering since it has its own topic and a spot on the homepage...
I was just trying to help clean stuff up...

Since it is my website and my mod, I will take care of cleaning off the cobwebs when it is time  ;)