Re-visiting this wonderful game (SWBF2)

Started by maxfire1, April 11, 2017, 03:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 11, 2017, 03:04:31 AM Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:15:27 AM by maxfire1
Hi guys I'm new here  :)

its been years since I last played swbf2(last I played was when I was 9?). Finally got to play again since my friend gave me a copy of swbf2 . I've been wandering around the forums since yesterday but I'm still kinda wondering where stuff are haha.

btw quick question. My copy seems to be working all well and good except for the multiplayer. I've tried tunngle but I've been crashing to desktop right after I try to host a game for me and my little bro. I tried replacing the .exe file with the one provided by you guy but it wont launch when I did.

I think it might be because this copy is corrupted? its definitely not from steam. (he told me he got it from another friend) I was wondering if there was a download link that you guys could suggest? so I could get a clean install or would you suggest i get it from steam instead?

p.s my current copy says v1.0

April 11, 2017, 05:30:44 AM #1 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:35:28 AM by Led
I think you need to first upgrade to 1.1 version of the game.   I will look for the update and post a link here when I find it.  Other SWBF2 players can help me if this is not correct.  After that, then you can get the Multiplayer Patch for SWBFspy and play online  :cheers:

Try Sue Krueger's tutorrial here for help.  Be dure to read the entire description.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Alrighty thanks!! I stumbled upon Sue Krueger's channel and his tutorials yesterday but I wasn't really sure if I could trust them to still be working or not. But since you've recommended them I think I'll be all set. Thanks Again!  :cheers: