No Third Person View for EA:SWBF!

Started by Norwood, October 29, 2014, 12:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
True, but that shows that third person is not completely out of the question.

Without third person, I would not even bother with this game, even if you gave it to me for free.  If it is not TPS, how can they even call it SWBF?  If it is FPS only, then it is just another shoot'em up game among thousands of others.

That is just a rumor. There is nothing that says it will be exclusively first person. All they said was that it's a "First Person Shooter", and the original SWBF also falls under that category. All this is saying is that there will be first person. In fact, they said earlier that there will be a "third person component" (note the emphasis on "component"), which means at least SOMETHING in the game is third person (though not necessarily the whole game). Until more information is released, we cannot be certain about anything.

Well yes Commander Awesome there is a "third person component" confirmed, it is the vehicles, they will definitely be in third person view. It just sounds like the rest of the game will be in first person view, unfortunately. So, no third person? Its just a SWBF knock off...

Remember when everyone was concerned that it might just be a Battlefield re-skinned? Well it sounds like that is going to happen, at least in part.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I did not hear anyone saying it's the vehicles. Nothing is confirmed.

H'mm, that is what I thought I heard, but of course you are correct, there is nothing truly confirmed until we see actual gameplay.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 25, 2014, 12:55:28 PM
I did not hear anyone saying it's the vehicles. Nothing is confirmed.

By "anyone" you mean an actual SWBF dev, then yes. I haven't heard of anybody saying that. But if by anyone you mean pretty much anyone you can trust, then check the video I posted. I believe it's in that.

But all the battlefield games have a third person view for vehicles. It would ruin vehicles for most players because FPS in a vehicle (for shooters) sucks. The only real reason to really use FPS in vehicles is for simulations, when you are trying to get as real as possible.

Also, this is something we should think about. There may not be player controlled vehicles at all.

So yes, you may very well be right. It might not be confirmed. But don't expect it to be missing.  :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Of course they're those people who believe in rumors and I can't believe some of you believe everything IGN says lol....We don't even have a release date yet. In fact we haven't seen any game play and have no idea what it looks like.

Anyways the new Star Wars movie trailer is coming out Friday, you guys should be more worried about that.

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on November 25, 2014, 06:04:04 PM
IGN
The CNN of the gaming world...
(I have very conservative views.)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Of course they're those people who believe in rumors and I can't believe some of you believe everything IGN says lol....We don't even have a release date yet. In fact we haven't seen any game play and have no idea what it looks like.
Agreed 100%.
Anyways the new Star Wars movie trailer is coming out Friday, you guys should be more worried about that.
We were actually pretty much done with this until somebody bumped the thread.