(Maybe) A New Idea

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, September 21, 2009, 03:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So you all know that BF2 has space battles, BF1 doesn't. Well, I just started knocking some ideas around, and I was thinking, why not? Well, how I assume you could do it, is like this: On certain maps there destructible CP's, so, why not take the data or whatever from those DCPs, and take it into a big ship, then rename it. But make the health bar smaller, so that it can be destroyed with unit weapons. The Shield Bunker on Endor for example, that would be the DCP data I'm talking about, since it's the only CP that can be reallistically taken out with a soldier/rocket/wookie. So put 3 of those on a ship, and change the name to match those of BF2 if you can, (Shield something, Life Support System, Engines) and make the CP in side uncapturable. Then, just put in an open background, all spacey, then put another big ship on the other side. Then, just put several ships in each side's hangar accordingly. Turning the gunships in CW era to semi-mobile (Land in hangar) CP's would be cool, but not necessary if it's too hard. Units to match the space battles in BF2 would be really great too. (Commando pistol, fusion cutter, time bombs and auto-repair ability for pilot, blaster rifle, rocket launcher, grenades for marine) I think this would be a cool idea, not sure if it would work though. What do you think?

This basically sounds like my unreleased Battle of Coruscant space map (some folks may remember the screenshots I posted over a year ago on the old MacPC site).  I should probably release a beta of that someday since it was mostly done but I think any MP games on it would be very laggy...

sounds good. cant wait to see what napseaker creates.