Help with eras

Started by Rayce, September 23, 2013, 09:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on October 27, 2013, 12:25:56 PM
I think you can have up to 22 new eras (every letter in the alphabet except A C I R).

I looked through era files.zip briefly and I think it would be a good idea to rename all your mission LUAs from "lcw" to "l".

For example change bes1lcw.lua to bes1l.lua
bes2lcw to bes2l.lua
etc.

The mission REQs you built call on those names too.
Code (bes1l.req) Select
ucft
{
    REQN
    {
        "script"
        "bes1l"
    }
}

If your mission REQ calls on bes1l.lua then that is the file that must be present for it to munge the mission properly. Your game is crashing because the mission LUAs aren't being loaded. Rename the mission LUA scripts and you should get a bigger mission LVL when you munge now.

The other problem I see is in your mission.req. It's not loading the subreq files properly so it's not even munging those.

Note the mission REQ specifies sub-REQ files, so the way you have it now, its calling on bes1lcw.REQ, it needs to call on bes1l.REQ.
The sub REQs call on the LUAs, not the mission.REQ.

So change your mission.REQ to this (should patch all the subreqs).
ucft
{
    REQN
    {
        "lvl"
        "bes1a"
        "bes1a_h"
"bes1r"
        "bes1l"
"bes2a"
"bes2a_h"
"bes2r"
        "bes2l"
"end1a"
"end1a_h"
        "end1l"
"GEO1r"
"GEO1r_h"
        "GEO1l"
"hot1i"
"hot1i_h"
        "hot1l"
"kam1c"
"kam1c_h"
        "kam1l"
"kas1c"
"kas1c_h"
"kas1i"
        "kas1l"
"kas2c"
"kas2c_h"
"kas2i"
        "kas2l"
"NAB1c"
"NAB1c_h"
"NAB1i"
        "NAB1l"
"nab2a"
"nab2c"
"nab2c_h"
        "nab2l"
"rhn1r_h"
"rhn1i"
"rhn1r"
        "rhn1l"
"rhn2a"
"rhn2a_h"
"rhn2c"
        "rhn2l"
"tat1i"
"tat1i_h"
"tat1r"
        "tat1l"
"tat2i"
"tat2i_h"
"tat2r"
        "tat2l"
"yav1c"
"yav1i"
"yav1i_h"
        "yav1l"
"yav2i"
"yav2i_h"
"yav2r"
        "yav2l"
"nab2h"
    }
}

I haven't looked through the shell scripts yet but once you patch these things your mission.LVL should be all set.
It's still crashing,  I don't know what's wrong. The missions still show up as "[map abbreviation]lcw" in the instant action menu and the button won't show up for endor, geonosis, hoth or kamino. 

October 29, 2013, 11:26:30 AM #16 Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 11:28:06 AM by Phobos
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on October 29, 2013, 10:17:03 AM
It's still crashing,  I don't know what's wrong. The missions still show up as "[map abbreviation]lcw" in the instant action menu and the button won't show up for endor, geonosis, hoth or kamino.
That does sound like a shell LUA bug possibly missionlist. To enable the era buttons for those 4 maps you need to add the reference for their era letter to missionlist and also a dummy reference to opposite era.

Does SPtest show any error logs?

I will try to recreate this later tonight.  I still think there is something wrong with the mission.lvl.
Ok, the bug with one era levels was a missionlist fix I thought I did through that missionlist.lua.
The other bug I think still has something to do with level naming.  Pick one.  You reference that it says [map abbrev]lcw.  Therefore, your lua must be named [map abbrev]lcw, not [map abbrev]l like I saw you had in your files.
Example:
Game says RHN2lcw, must find lua named RHN2lcw.  All the subreqs and req files must say RHN2lcw, not RHN2l.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Phobos on October 29, 2013, 11:26:30 AM
That does sound like a shell LUA bug possibly missionlist. To enable the era buttons for those 4 maps you need to add the reference for their era letter to missionlist and also a dummy reference to opposite era.

Does SPtest show any error logs?
I haven't done SPtest yet, only been testing with game.
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on October 29, 2013, 02:49:03 PM
I will try to recreate this later tonight.  I still think there is something wrong with the mission.lvl.
Ok, the bug with one era levels was a missionlist fix I thought I did through that missionlist.lua.
The other bug I think still has something to do with level naming.  Pick one.  You reference that it says [map abbrev]lcw.  Therefore, your lua must be named [map abbrev]lcw, not [map abbrev]l like I saw you had in your files.
Example:
Game says RHN2lcw, must find lua named RHN2lcw.  All the subreqs and req files must say RHN2lcw, not RHN2l.
Nothing's calling for [map abbrev]lcw in any of the .reqs of .luas.

zip up your current mission builder with the LUA and include another folder with your shell scripts i will look over them and see what can be done there could be several errors or just an obscure bug causing the crash

Sorry i'm  late on this, this should be everything.