The Clone Wars Obi-Wan model reconversion

Started by Giftheck, July 14, 2012, 01:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 14, 2012, 01:42:17 PM Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:44:00 PM by ggctuk2005
A while back, the assets from Battlefront's predecessor, The Clone Wars, were posted on GameToast (here for those of you who were unaware). In it, there is a much better Obi-Wan model than the stock BF2 model:

(Textures notwithstanding, those could easily be revamped)

My request is this: can anybody reconvert this Obi-Wan model to work with the stock skeleton? The hands might also need manipulating so they are curved as if he were holding something, like the other stock BF models.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I'm actually working on the exact model.

The TCW msh's are huge and need to be scaled down quite a bit (I don't recal exactly how much.)

The original plan was to just hang the pieces on a stock skeleton but because of the wierd rotations in the Obi msh, the pieces hang at ackward angles.
There are tons of nulls and inconsistant MODL names in the TCW mshs. That hasn't helped.

So I have been working (very slowly..) at tracing out the rotations in the Obi skeleton with the hopes of finding a way to get all the TCW models over.

I don't really have any notes on it, just a working folder and a couple of cut up models.

So far, nothing to show for it but hope.

Interesting... I wonder why the models are so big compared to their Battlefront counterparts.

I look forward to seeing the results.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1