[Completed] Custom OC Skins

Started by Shazam, May 21, 2012, 05:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 21, 2012, 05:49:33 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:40:54 AM by Unit 33
I have a request that will probably take some time. I want someone to help me with some skin ideas that I think are really cool. The request is for a change of all of the stock sides, and will most likely have to be worked on by more than one person.

REP sides:
Trooper: Phase II Clone Trooper without the blue markings (To save time, you can just leave it as the previously made Phase II trooper with the blue markings.)
Demolitions: If possible, a 501st legion clone with blue markings. (To save time, you can just leave the ARC Trooper, but possibly add the Jaig Eyes to it.)
Pilot: Current pilot, just bronze/gold instead of the bright yellow. (Not too concerned about)
Sharpshooter: This one is the tricky one, in my opinion. I want the sharpshooter to be an ARF Trooper. If you don't quite know what that is, here is a photo: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/72/Stak_helmet.jpg (To save time you could just edit the stock Scout Trooper and make it camo. I'd be okay with that.)
Jet Trooper: Commander Gree, just add a strap across the current Jet Trooper's body. (Not too worried about.)

CIS sides:
Super Battle Droid: Not changed, I like it as-is.
Assault Droid-Droid Sniper: The same as Keen Mike's Crazy CIS Droids skins, just with a possible weapons fix. The weapons are all pointed upward, instead of across the body or aimed at the enemy.(If it cannot be fixed, then don't worry about the droids.)
Droideka: Possibly changed to be like the Cloud City Choas map's droideka. (Not too worried about)

EMP sides:
Storm Trooper: Not changed.
Demolitions: Not changed.
Pilot: If possible, changed to where ALL maps have the TIE Fighter pilot. Some maps have the AT-AT pilot or the other weird one with the face.
Scout Trooper: Possibly made camo. I've seen it done before.
Dark Trooper: Made any bright/neon color. I like to see them before they see me...

ALL sides:
Rebel Soldier, Rebel Vanguard, Rebel Pilot: I've been trying to figure this out for a long time, now. I want these factions to be the skins shown in this link: http://beta.xfire.com/users/rtlbuckler/screenshots/122479596 I've seen the Soldier and Pilot version of the SWBF skins like that, and they look cool too. (I think Buckler is the only one with those assets, maybe.)
Rebel Marksman: I cannot find a link, but it is the Black Ninja-looking skin. Kind of hard to explain, I may have a picture on my profile.
Wookie: BF II Wookie, looks fancy to me.

I wouldn't mind at all if you worked on one side first, then move to the next instead of working on all of them. I know you guys are constantly asked for modding help or to make something that someone else wants, so please don't feel pressured.

This will be used in a map that Snake is working on for me and several of my friends, I will be sure that Snake knows that you helped make the skins, so that we can be sure you are in the credits.

If you are capable of helping, please reply. I'm in no rush. Thanks for helping!
--

I found a link for the Rebel Marksman skin.
http://beta.xfire.com/screenshots/122471272

It's a view from behind, but you might reconize it.
--
Also, has anyone seen Snake lately? I've been trying to get a hold of him and he won't respond. Any clue?

Snake will return next week he's currently indisposed.

Ok, thanks Unit. Btw, sorry for the double-post. For some reason, when I clicked Edit it didn't do anything. I know I need to just edit one post rather than posting back-to-back posts.

Is there any way you could help me with the skin ideas? I want the ALL and CIS sides most, but I'm looking forward to the EMP and REP also.

The ARF trooper exists, I've used it quite a few times.
The Rebel skin is Icemembers; me and Buckler were testing it out hence the picture of it on Xfire.
There are issues with the BF2 wookie, as the dreadlocks cannot be animated. But there might have been some kind of fix I'm not aware of, I know that there was a topic about it ages ago, but I can't remember if it was solved.

That last one might be the converted Imperial Shadow Trooper from JK2, but I'm not sure. Anyway that asset 404'd ages ago.

The one you want for rebel marksmen is shadow trooper, its in the alien assets. I can xfire you the assets heres my xfire: febreezebrother

I can do it next week if you don't mind the wait. And all those other projects... yeah I'll do those then too.

May 23, 2012, 02:06:17 PM #6 Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:59:28 PM by ¦⊗¦=·»✫Şђã·Żäм✫«=¦⊗¦
I don't mind a wait at all! Go ahead and work on your other projects!

Could you let me know on your progress of this though, I would like to know how far you have gotten.

Shazam, I suggest that you let the artist do his work.  These things still take some time and effort even if someone does a lot of this type of work.  Unit33 has been great about charging ahead on these things even for other peoples requests.  He will let you know  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

May 23, 2012, 05:30:59 PM #8 Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:41:22 AM by ¦⊗¦=·»✫Şђã·Żäм✫«=¦⊗¦
"I know you guys are constantly asked for modding help or to make something that someone else wants, so please don't feel pressured."
I said that to let you know that I knew you guys are frequently asked for your help and time.

"I'm in no rush. Thanks for helping!"
I said that because I wanted you to know that I appreciate your help and time.

I'm sorry if I came out a little demanding, I just wanted to make sure that he knew these will be used for a map. (I know I need to add whoever made the assets and Unit to the credits.) I was actually planning on making-or attemping to make-these sides for the map, but I would much rather an expert do them. I am learning how to skin more this summer, since school just got out for me I have some time to practice.

Thanks again, Unit. Good luck on making the skins for me.  :cheers:

--

Rather than make a new forum, I'll just ask in here:
Can someone link me to a common.lvl tutourial? I have looked through the tutourial section in the forums and I haven't had any luck finding what I was looking for. I'm mostly wanting to edit my menu screen, tab list, crosshairs, and the commands. (The FOLLOW ME!, I NEED AMMO!, I NEED HEALTH!, and the other ones.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38022982/Skins/OC%20Sides.zip
Done.

Credits are inside.

Some minor Issues:
There's no lowrez for the Shadow Trooper, I have made the present lowrez skin (being the Marksperson) black to reduce the notice-ability.
Droids may change colouration, due to low rez shenanigans, but it's not frequent.

May 27, 2012, 07:25:41 AM #10 Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:05:40 PM by ¦⊗¦=·»✫Şђã·Żäм✫«=¦⊗¦
Thanks Unit! Appreciate it so much! You're awesome!  ;)
:cheers:
--
EDIT - Could you link me or xfire me the assets to the classes/factions you changed? There are a few things I would like to edit. Nothing wrong on your part, I just want to have the assets if I needed to change the ODF's or edit the looks of the sides for the map.
Thanks!