Hexedit vehicles out

Started by {Alpha}Boom27, April 13, 2012, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, I've been having problems with people trolling the crap out of airplanes and tanks in my servers. So I'd really appreciate it if someone could do a man a favor and help me out here.

What I need is for someone to hex edit the .lvl (i think) and take out the tanks and starfighters on the dune sea for swbf1. Keep the bikes. Those are ok.

I also need a hex edit to take out the at st's on Endor, again, cause of trollers. I have a modded .lvl file that takes out all vehicles, takes out brush (which is why I got it), and denies cp capture for endor. This is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gcd46t72h42pki9

I don't know if you can modify this, but if you can, bring back the bikes and cp capture, but leave the brush off. That makes my framerate go down and I like seeing people a mile off XD

Thanks in advance!
That can't be right... 4 megatons is supposed to leave a much bigger crater...

If you want to remove vehicles by hex edit you have to find all instances of "vehicle_spawn" in the world LVL and null them with 00s.

There is an easier way if you want to remove walkers but keep bikes spawned, and that is modding the mission lvl. Make memory pool for walkers 0,0 and leave the bikes alone. No brush mod is already released but will be obsolete one day after I get around to making twilight endor.

Well see, the thing is, I don't know how to mod. Heck, I barely knew you could get rid of vehicles with hex editing. And I don't even know what hex editing is! I appreciate the advice, but it pretty much falls on deaf ears.  :shrug:
That can't be right... 4 megatons is supposed to leave a much bigger crater...