bounty hunter/pirate side

Started by Mr. Banthafodder, March 07, 2012, 11:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought by myself: why did no one ever make a bounty hunter side.
And I came with an idea of a side which looks pretty awesome to me.
It's like this:

- Soldier: Trandoshan mercenary (blaster rifle, blaster pistol, thermal detonator, Kamikaze Ewok)

- Heavy: Gammorean Guard (Axe, missile launcher, time bomb, mines)

-pilot: Jawa engineer (DN bolt caster/ grenade launcher, blaster pistol, fusion cutter, Health/ammo dispenser)

-Sniper: IG-88 battle droid (Sniper rifle, blaster pistol, thermal detonator, personal shield)

-special: Mandalorian assasin (EMP launcher, blaster rifle, jetpack, thermal detonator)

I thought the assets for the Trandoshan and the Mandalorian assasin were already released.
The Kamikaze Ewok is new and he replaces the recon droid. The kamikaze ewok is a unit with low health, meant for scouting. It is equiped with basic ewok weapons (which is stones and rocks I think) and orbital strike.

srry if my English isn't good, I'm Belgian  :P

Yes,
pretty much the same.
But I want to play with bounty hunters on more than only one map.

Well if you open the file to that map you can go to data -> lvlpc -> side  and copy the relevant .lvl and use that, and then that side will work on all other maps... it's what I do!

Quote from: Unit 33 on March 08, 2012, 09:05:42 AM
Well if you open the file to that map you can go to data -> lvlpc -> side  and copy the relevant .lvl and use that, and then that side will work on all other maps... it's what I do!

thats a maybe.  The unit names would have to be the same.

A look inside that mission.lvl would let you know for sure.  I can take a look tonight.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Whut?

There's nothing complex like that...

Inside the mod map folder there's addme script and Data.. yes?
Once you go into the Data file, there's "lvlpc" -> "Side".
You can copy the all.lvl or whatever into SWBFs' side folder and play it as you would any other custom side.

your new map would need to call the proper unit.

For example, Bespin cloud city uses
the map lua bes2a which calls rebel sniper.

You would need a bounty hunter unit called rebel sniper in order for you to just copy over the side.lvl files and have it work.

Oh wait what now I'm confused.
Well usually this method is applicable with maps with custom sides...
For instance Insanity by JK.. just copying the sides into your game.

I assumed these Bounty maps were the same but they're not for some reason.

Ah, ok, we need to be a little precise with our terminolgy then.

If you have a custom side (and the names of units have not changed) then it will work.

If you have new unit names (like the jet droid unit) then it will not work without a bit of remaking of of map luas.

The good news is that I can use a hex editor to examine the custom map mission.lvl file and see what the unit names were and we could use them on any map.  The sticky part is that we have to be careful to seek permission from the mod map author so that we can use his/her side files this way on other maps.  Given that we are unlikely to find a long lost modder, I think it would be a safe bet they wont mind.

The reason that I know about all of this know is that this is how the SWBFupdate works.  We can mix and match sides from any maps.

(BTW, I noticed you have the update installed--Sleepkiller thinks he can get this all to work for single player too, so hang in there and you can use it.  We also might be able to find a way to use your PC netbook to host a DC server for your MAC, too!  )

Maybe it would be better to just create a whole new side.

If I'm right it doesn't take too long (but I can be wrong) to make it.
You can change the Trandoshan, Mandalorian and kamikaze ewok if those are too difficult to make.
I think the IG-88, Jawa engineer and Gammorean guard can't be a problem.

But by what do we have to change the Trandoshan, Mandalorian, Kamikaze ewok then?
Tusken raiders? Geonosians? or worse ... Gungans!!!
They don't really fit in the bounty hunter theme.