The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 01, 2013, 06:56:41 PM #45 Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:59:21 PM by tirpider
:D
I have to confess, the spaghetti strainer helmet part was wife's idea.

It all hinges on getting kid sized models together.  I know where some younglings are for Jedi Knight, but thats a hard road. I can't convert those yet.

The rest, houses, trees, general neighborhood stuff, should all be easy (HA, easy..)  to make or find in obj format, since it's all common modern stuff.

-edit OH, and a new weapon type... the "I got you! No you didn't!" weapon. Not sure how that would translate into the game...

Quote from: tirpider on March 01, 2013, 06:56:41 PM
OH, and a new weapon type... the "I got you! No you didn't!" weapon. Not sure how that would translate into the game...
Perhaps it could make 2 units, the attacker and defender, unable to move for a couple seconds while they argue! :rofl:

Good idea tirp! Evil but good
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Sounds awesome but.. Good luck  :blink:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Okay, I didn't want to bump this topic, so if you want, read this:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4499.0
My idea;
Do you think you could add a path to the write-file command?
If you could get that to work, you could create a side mod, open the LVL in notepad or something, find the differances (perhaps only edit 1 ODF file), copy the changes, and make the lua write that over the side, then if you could find a command that would undo it after some action (maybe a pausemenu button like Fake Console), you could.. say Give every one jetpacks on the hosts demand! (I think that could only be accomplished by non-dedicated server).

Little brain storm I had.

Bikes with training wheels instead of speeder bikes would be a good idea.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 07, 2013, 03:46:44 PM
Okay, I didn't want to bump this topic, so if you want, read this:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4499.0
My idea;
Do you think you could add a path to the write-file command?
If you could get that to work, you could create a side mod, open the LVL in notepad or something, find the differances (perhaps only edit 1 ODF file), copy the changes, and make the lua write that over the side, then if you could find a command that would undo it after some action (maybe a pausemenu button like Fake Console), you could.. say Give every one jetpacks on the hosts demand! (I think that could only be accomplished by non-dedicated server).

Little brain storm I had.

Sounds awesome, but people have looked into admin commands a lot with not much to show for it..
P.S. This is a bumpable topic, post whenever.

--

Haha, nice idea Josh, maybe one of our modelers can make that.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

March 07, 2013, 07:07:37 PM #52 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:25:11 PM by aeria.
Demolition/Rush game mode in Star Wars Battlefront.

Have one side's command posts use a custom .msh and let it take damage. Too much damage and they lose the command post and naturally that spawn point. Two command posts are available. Offense needs to destroy both. Defense needs to drain the opponents tickets before that happens. Defense has a lot more tickets than offense (if possible) so it's not feasible to just kill offense. Command posts have a high amount of health but it's still feasible to use explosives to take it out.

Every class on offense gets a bomb. The bomb needs 5 seconds to arm and takes 45 seconds to detonate. It has a high amount of health so that you can't "shoot the bomb away". Every class on defense gets a defusing tool. It does massive melee damage so its only purpose will be to defuse the bomb. Needs a 5 second charge before defuse.

There's two ways to make the map. First is an arena type map where the command posts are in the middle while the spawn points are at outer edges of the map.

Another method is Battlefield style where there are 6-10 command posts to destroy but they are in pairs. You need to destroy two at a time to progress to the next pair of command posts. This falls in line with the huge map sizes that Battlefield and Battlefront is known for.

I've had this idea for a long while now but I don't have the time/knowledge to put the mod together. Hopefully someone here can make it possible. It should freshen things up in multiplayer. :)

#TYBG

March 07, 2013, 07:37:20 PM #53 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:40:24 PM by Josh
 Heres an idea, a 1 on 5000 mod map. The side you would be forced on would be just you and if you died you would lose, and 5000 people are coming after you trying to kill you, easy, right? Well it would be a long hilly field and at one end the enemys cp, and at the other a building much like that broken one at the corner of the Citadel map. This wouldn't be something you try to win, it would be like a challenge map where we could see who could survive the longest or get the most kills.

Your side:

A regular clone with a sniper rifle and a pistol, both with unlimited ammo, 6 HEAVY grenades and 1 recon droid.

The enemys:

A soldier with a regular gun, unlimited ammo.
A soldier with a pistol and a jetpack, 10 seconds flight time 30 seconds recharge with jetpack and unlimited ammo for his pistol

At your base top is a health droid to help.

Anyone up to make this?

Quote from: Josh on March 07, 2013, 07:37:20 PM
Heres an idea, a 1 on 5000 mod map. The side you would be forced on would be just you and if you died you would lose, and 5000 people are coming after you trying to kill you, easy, right? Well it would be a long hilly field and at one end the enemys cp, and at the other a building much like that broken one at the corner of the Citadel map. This wouldn't be something you try to win, it would be like a challenge map where we could see who could survive the longest or get the most kills.

Your side:

A regular clone with a sniper rifle and a pistol, both with unlimited ammo, 6 HEAVY grenades and 1 recon droid.

The enemys:

A soldier with a pistol and a jetpack, 10 seconds flight time 30 seconds recharge with jetpack and unlimited  ammo for his pistol

Anyone up to make this?

Sounds almost like the survival challenge mode of MW3. I know something of the like was tried with the Naboo: Airfield map (Breakdown made a Zombies version). I tried that map, I couldn't even last a minute on there without someone sneaking up behind me. Anyways, perhaps I could expand on your idea:

It would be a leveled out map, pretty much an urban cityscape, though like tight streets. It would be you or 4 people against an endless horde of enemies as they try to take you out. Perhaps it would be one uncapturable command post, with the radius spanning the whole map? The enemies command posts would be hidden throughout the map, or the similar idea could be applied to the enemy cp as well as the friendly cp. Anyways, your weapons would be infinte ammo. Equipment would be a probe droid, a regular assault rifle, mines, grenades, a rocket launcher, and a pistol. The health and ammo droids would be stationed in one area of the map, and they would have infinite health. Perhaps you could have some standard assault classes for the enemy, and one guy with alot of health (like the Juggernaut from MW3).

Something of the like anyway, I would be curios if such a feat is possible.

Your side:

The enemys:

A soldier with a pistol and a jetpack, 10 seconds flight time 30 seconds recharge with jetpack and unlimited ammo for his pistol

Anyone up to make this?
So it's basicly Yavin4 Temple last stand with some side modifications^^
Sounds like fun!
(I don't have time to do any mods until maybe late march.. SO yeah..)

5000 is a lot of AI to kill and would take forever to win. I have set up mod missions where its just you vs 250 AI and this takes about an hour to beat. I don't think the game allows more than 999 units per side (you could work around this by using a lot of locals though).

An idea for anyone but me to do ;)

Zombie Gungans

[slowly] "Meeee-ssa waaaa-nna braaaaaaaiiiiins...."

Quote from: tirpider on March 07, 2013, 08:18:16 PM
An idea for anyone but me to do ;)

Zombie Gungans

[slowly] "Meeee-ssa waaaa-nna braaaaaaaiiiiins...."
XD!
Why hasn't this been done yet?!?!

. This wouldn't be something you try to win, it would be like a challenge map where we could see who could survive the longest or get the most kills.

Quote from: Phobos on March 07, 2013, 08:06:21 PM
5000 is a lot of AI to kill and would take forever to win.
:)