The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on December 03, 2015, 11:23:01 AM
Isn't there an Endor map like Walker Assault on SWBF 1 or 2? I can't remember what it's called but if you know I'd love to find it and try that map out too
I think it was 'Endor: Long Valley'. It had the dense forest, a lake section and an AT-AT strolling up the middle of the map.

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 06, 2015, 03:17:19 AM
I think it was 'Endor: Long Valley'. It had the dense forest, a lake section and an AT-AT strolling up the middle of the map.

That's the one! Thanks ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

December 08, 2015, 03:51:37 PM #167 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:53:12 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Does anybody know if you can use Lua's Yield/Coroutine in a script that is ran in battlefront at start up (or even round startup by referencing a function in the mission script)?

I don't know of many of the game's built in functions, but it would at least give access to custom functions running per tick. You could theoretically add a scoreboard and keep track of things like ingame cash or even world position per player..

Another speculation, but running a script real time could potentially let you take advantage of key bindings so you could trigger things with the keyboard and mouse.

edit- Could implement gamemodes per player (add health if they are in "god mode," etc).

SK did a lot of game scripting work.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=14

you may want to look in there for any hints.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

December 09, 2015, 01:58:53 PM #169 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:11:32 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Well, I think I've been through everything and haven't found anything strictly related, still good stuff though. I suppose since SK was able to utilize IO, that it may be possible to use other utilities that come with lua.

Found a Lua 4 manual, I'm digging there to see if coroutine even exists in Lua 4. http://www.lua.org/manual/4.0/

-edit; I've been through a lot of that now too, still nothing on coroutines.. I don't think they exist before Lua 5+..

I guess if it were possible, someone like SK or some grand modder from a while back would have tried it already.

What about Jakku? That would be sweet.

I was thinking about this. Might sound stupid.
SWBF2 have hunt mode, someone can modify it to make "Order 66" mod that replacing Wookies (in Kashyyyk) etc. with Jedis. Could someone replace them with Duck so I can play Duck Hunt mode?

July 01, 2016, 06:25:01 PM #172 Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:27:03 PM by Isaac1138
I might of said this before but,  I should suggest Naboo: Royal Palace accurate to Episode 1,  Trade Federation Ship: Interior like in Episode 1 video game, Mortis (TCW) The Ones playable (including Abeloth) and the Jedi.   Bespin City (the one in Force Unleashed) SEREJA!!!
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on July 01, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
I might of said this before but,  I should suggest Naboo: Royal Palace accurate to Episode 1,  Trade Federation Ship: Interior like in Episode 1 video game, Mortis (TCW) The Ones playable (including Abeloth) and the Jedi.   Bespin City (the one in Force Unleashed) SEREJA!!!

First of all, mention what game you're on about. SWBF 1 or 2? Also, if you're on about SWBF 2 then there is already a Naboo Royal Palace accurate to Episode 1. Not sure about the others though. I'd like the Trade Federation Ship idea though.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 02, 2016, 04:28:21 AM
First of all, mention what game you're on about. SWBF 1 or 2? Also, if you're on about SWBF 2 then there is already a Naboo Royal Palace accurate to Episode 1. Not sure about the others though. I'd like the Trade Federation Ship idea though.

I know of the Theed Hangar map, but I don't remember a Theed Palace map.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Battlefront 1 and no, there is no full scale Palace map.

Gistech, do you ever plan to release the magma and sand jumptroopers as you stated once?  :D I know you are working on the Battlefront Legacy project, so it should be great have those models for your mod.
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

August 16, 2016, 10:28:56 PM #177 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:27:20 PM by Pilot Gus
I had an idea, even though it ain't related to Star Wars - A Dune mod. I just saw the movie (from 1984) earlier, and was thinking it had great battle scenes, if you've seen it you might also notice there where some cool vehicles and weapons, too. And even the palaces had defenses, too. There would be great multiplayer games! :tu: :cheers:

....I'm wondering maybe there could also be troopers with bleeding eyes like in the movie riding the giant worms being killed by unicorns who themselves get killed from Star Destroyers crashing into them. :dry: :sleep:

Hi guys I'm working on a TCW mod and I need ideas, suggestions, help of any kind. Who want to join a modding team?
I would appreciate a lot if you are good at modeling and rigging in XSI because I need a lot of models to be converted! Thanks for reading :D
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

Couple of GREAT map ideas.  The pictures indicate of what parts of the mod map shown.

BF2 Ideas:

From the CW episode, "Missing in Action," The planet, Abafar. 

The Geonosis undead hive as seen in the CW episode, "Legacy of Terror"  The scary, dark tunnels and fight the undead geonosians.

Invisible Hand Interior Ship from Episode III 

BF1 ideas:

And again, Naboo Theed Palace (not hangers)

Trade Federation Ship: Interior from episode 1