REQUEST COMPLETED: Mando skin for swbf1

Started by {Alpha}Boom27, January 30, 2012, 06:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 30, 2012, 06:16:13 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:29:03 PM by Buckler
I know for sure there's plenty of material out there to do this with. What I want is an online compatible mandalorian skin for swbf 1 that replaces the republic clones with mandalorian mercs. I just want the models and skins changed, don't even have to change the weapons.

For the soldier, a Boba resembling skin without battle damage would be nice. If you can't take away battle damage, it's ok to just to leave it. I won't really care XD

For the heavy, a black armored one or red armored one (if you could get my profile pic, that'd be epic) would be nice. This is my personal class, so any awesome little bits for it would be very cool ;)

For the engineer, I believe a yellow one is in order. Yellow is just nice with engineers :3

As for the sniper, a light blue or teal would be nice. I'm not the best against snipers and want this class the be easily visible for when I'm CIS but still looking awesome for my sniper buddies when I'm Rep.

And finally for the jet. Use the Jango from swbf2 if at all possible. This will let me live out my fantasies as a bounty hunter with my buds XD

I know this is possible, so anyone gracious enough to do it for me, thanks! :3
That can't be right... 4 megatons is supposed to leave a much bigger crater...

This would be quite easy actually, I could do it even if someone did a bit of co-operation.
If someone were to send me the ported Boba Skin from SWBF2 I could change the HUE etc to create several skins.
... I would need a modder to do the rest though. if anyone's up for it?

I can do the munging.  I would need help obtaining the ports from SWBF2 though.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

You guys are awesome XD I wish I could help or do it myself that way I wouldn't feel like such a mooch, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do :3
And btw, does anyone know where I could get some modding tools? The dl on filefront always messes up for me.

January 31, 2012, 02:02:57 PM #4 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:24:09 PM by Unit 33
Quote from: Buckler on January 31, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
I can do the munging.  I would need help obtaining the ports from SWBF2 though.
I know ggctuk used the skin for the Mos Eisley Hero mod, did he ever release it?

Anyway once I have the skin I can go about adding logos, removing/adding scars on Photoshop... don't know why I've never tried it before actually.

January 31, 2012, 04:04:17 PM #5 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:07:14 PM by {Alpha}Boom27}
On logos, could you put a 27 on the right shoulder pad of the rocket? The mandalorian skull should be on the left of them all, except maybe jango/jet.

Oh, and if you can mod particle effects, Purple laser bolts and red rockets plz. Like will be awesome.

Quote from: {Alpha}Boom27} on January 31, 2012, 01:57:03 PM
You guys are awesome XD I wish I could help or do it myself that way I wouldn't feel like such a mooch, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do :3
And btw, does anyone know where I could get some modding tools? The dl on filefront always messes up for me.

Here's how you can help--go to gametoast and see if you can obtain the ported skins.

January 31, 2012, 09:16:15 PM #7 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:17:57 PM by {Alpha}Boom27}
This is what I've found that seems about right. I'm not sure if it'll work, but hey, who knows.

This one's the skin itself
http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18697

This one's something for a jetpackless model. I figured it'd be useful for the non jet classes.
http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20149

The link within that thread has 404'd.

Well it has hasn't it...(I could've checked that :slap:)

Well I've also dug up something on gamefront, and I know the link works. The only thing is that it's for swbf2, so I'm not sure how or if it can be used.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/11743289/Kfm_s_Jango_Skinpack

February 01, 2012, 11:46:00 PM #10 Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:15:41 AM by Unit 33
http://www.gamefront.com/files/cis+inf+jangofettrar/;13834569;/fileinfo.html
That link doesn't work for me?
Anyway, I got that other skin pack, so no worries.

Edit Three

Done the skins, Led is going to do the munging at some point.

Cool. Thanks for doing it. Can't wait to use em :3

OK, here's the deal.

The way skins work is that a TGA file (the skin) is wrapped around a model in SWBF.

I don't have the Boba Fett model, so any skin that I get will wrap around the standard SWBF jet trooper model.

The Boba Fett skins from SWBF2 that Unit 33 found were for the Boba Fett model, so the wrapping is going to be way off--but it will still look like...well...something  :P  (for example, Boba Fett's helmet will be part of the chest of the SWBF trooper because the Boba helmet is so big).

Also, the jet pack is another model.  It would need to be skinned separately.  So for now it is green, like the original SWBF one.

Here are some pictures:

Now, keep in mind that I am no expert on all this stuff, but I am will to try just about anything.

Another option we could use (if you don't like this) is we could ask unit 33 to take the SWBF jet trooper model and see if he can paint new colors on it. 

If you like the screen shots above, though, let me know and I can finish the rest of the units.

:cheers:

Alright it was just a gamble to see whether I could cheat and use the pre-made skins.

I shall edit the stock Republic skins and the stock Jet-Pack to appear like Mandalorian armour.

I'll shall have it done tonight.

coolness.  Be sure to save the file with RLE compression off. 

Do you need the stock TGAs ?