Playable Rakata Conversion Help

Started by Phobos, May 12, 2011, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello I am looking for people who can help envelope the rakata basemodel and convert from obj to MSH format. I have uploaded the OBJ and it's TGA the work must be done to envelope and attach the skin to the mesh but if anyone here is capable of doing so and willing to help make it to RELEASE THE RAKATA ASSETS PUBLICLY I would greatly appreciate it. There was a modder who at first acted like he wanted to help, but decided to keep the model for himself and not release it. This is unacceptable. The aliens must be released and shared so OTHER modders can use them.

I plan to include the Rakata in alien side mods version 4. Here are the assets download if you can convert this to a playable mesh please post the release either in this thread or released asset. PM me if you want me to bug test the mesh in game first.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?r3n2t02lk73db72

Lmao
"There was a modder who at first acted like he wanted to help, but decided to keep the model for himself and not release it. This is unacceptable. The aliens must be released and shared so OTHER modders can use them."

Ill rleease when im done but if anyone else wants to envlope and export this model by means go ahead

May 12, 2011, 12:44:38 PM #2 Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:00:13 PM by Zombie Hotel Developer
Quote from: Bamdur on May 12, 2011, 12:42:39 PM
Lmao
"There was a modder who at first acted like he wanted to help, but decided to keep the model for himself and not release it. This is unacceptable. The aliens must be released and shared so OTHER modders can use them."

Ill rleease when im done but if anyone else wants to envlope and export this model by means go ahead
You said you finished it last week so that can't be true.
how can i still see your posts when i put you on my ignore list or does ignore only work with PM on this type of forum

I am hoping someone else will help envelope/export. Like the Gran it may take a while to find someone willing to take enough time to share their work, but despite the naysayers I know it is possible.

Think of all the modders who are let down when someone says "No I will not release those alien assets". Some guy whose name starts with an M is infamous for this. I'd like to think saying "I will release those" is different but when it never happens it seems like the same as saying you won't.

" Like the Gran" i made that too.
The reason i havent released it yet was because it was still in beta
but if your goign to be so persistent

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20325813/Rakata_Beta_1.0.rar

You did not make the Gran I was talking about in the post. RLCT Leader Fang and Darth Spiderpig made it. This was before you even played swbf.1

I will beta test now1

I improved it. upon request so if you think everybody hoards alien models (lol) then your wrong. GAWD

May 12, 2011, 02:47:46 PM #6 Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:57:38 PM by Zombie Hotel Developer
Quote from: Bamdur on May 12, 2011, 02:40:36 PM
I improved it. upon request so if you think everybody hoards alien models (lol) then your wrong. GAWD

I'd like to point out that the two people I was talking about (you and mavvy) do not count as everybody (6,775,235,700 people). And since you have decided to release Rakata after all, my statement now applies to only a small percentage of alien model developers such as the latter mentioned. Out of all the alien model creators I've seen, most share their assets. I have never, and will never claim that everybody hoards alien models. If that were true then I would not list their names in the credits of the alien assets pack release readme.

Here is a list of people who have shared assets and goes against your statement that I think everyone hoards them

Credits:
Pandemic/LucasArts - Acklay, Cerean, Rancor, Twi'Lek, Wampa, & Yoda Models
Ravensoft - Basemodels for Gran, Rodian, and Desann
Rage - Compiling, Converting Yoda to BF1, Twi'Lek Zombie Skin, ODFs
Bamdur - Chistori, Cultist, Gran, Mon Calamarian, Quermian, Rakata, Togruta, Vurk, & Zombie Hunter Commando
Rends - Aqualish, Bith, & Ithorian
Dean Betton - Bothan
Deviss - ShadowTrooper
Hirman - Cad Bane
Caleb1117 - Duros
Darth Spiderpig & Fang - Old Gran (visible bone_ribgcage)
Toonces - Nautolan
NeoMarz - SwampTrooper
MetalcoreRancor - Rancor Anims
Cull - Rancorian Pharoh
Skelltor & Acemastermind - Trandoshan Mercenary
Kento - Vong
Hoodz & Wazmol - Zabrak Cybermaul

I hope that list gets bigger with the next alien pack. This list I created for the purpose of officially recognizing them as being generous asset sharers who contributed unique alien models to swbf. Your assumption is wrong.

Yes, you did fix the black rib. Your improved gran has nice teeth also, I wish someone would fix the black foot on the nautolans, but it is better to have a black foot than no foot I suppose.