Zombies!

Started by skirata44, March 02, 2011, 11:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, so I was reading "Death Troopers" today (great book, i highly reccomend it) and I had a great idea-what if someone made a zombie map for SWBF?  Here's what i was thinking-CPs are set, you can't capture them.  Any normally neutral CPs would go to the human side.  Everyone is on one side, and all the AI are zombies.  Keeping with the theme of the book, the Imperials would be the zombies, but as more and more Rebels died, they'd show up in the zombie hordes too.  Zombies have no weapons, but instead are one-hit kills (much like Jedi).  If the zombies kill all of the humans' reinforcements, they win, and vice versa.  This prbly wouldn't be very feasible, cuz for it to really work it'd probably have to be online-capable, and it seems kinda complicated to me (but I have no modding experience whatsoever, so what do I know?) So this is more like a hypothetical "what if?" kinda thing, but itd be so awesome...oh, and for the map, I'd recommend Bespin: Cloud City, because it has just the right balance of open spaces and chokepoints.  I think this could have some potential, comment on your ideas of if its any good/feasability.  Thanks!
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians.

March 02, 2011, 03:24:25 PM #1 Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:20:15 PM by SchTicK
Someone had your very thoughts in mind and that someone would be Breakdown.
I don't remember if its exactly as you request but I was having déjà vu reading your post. Here is the topic. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=1069.0

Just look in the downloads section for "Naboo: Airfield (ZOMBIE EDITION) Beta"

I know people who are working on a swbf map with zombies :

http://fr.xfire.com/communities/zombiehotel/

I have not tried it, but maybe this is one:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3560.0
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on March 15, 2011, 05:30:03 PM
I have not tried it, but maybe this is one:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3560.0

I tried this one. I played as a Zombie Rebel ok and fun actually, my weapon was a big battle axe, but when I spawned as Empire everything was black and I couldn't navigate. The only time I could see anything as Empire was after I blew myself-up flying through the air. Very challenging map (especially as Empire.)

March 18, 2011, 08:33:24 AM #5 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:35:46 AM by NiceGuy
Quote from: SchTicK on March 18, 2011, 06:07:58 AM
I tried this one. I played as a Zombie Rebel ok and fun actually, my weapon was a big battle axe, but when I spawned as Empire everything was black and I couldn't navigate. The only time I could see anything as Empire was after I blew myself-up flying through the air. Very challenging map (especially as Empire.)

Were you in third person? because the same thing happened to me but i changed to first person and it was ok. I almost had the map won then i tryed a concussion grenade(super powerful) stunned myself and all the zombies around me but one somehow got me and I died

Thanks for the tips, everyone!   :cheers:

Lets play this or any of the maps suggested earlier, call me. xfire keenmike profile

Quote from: skirata44 on March 02, 2011, 11:31:07 AM
Ok, so I was reading "Death Troopers" today (great book, i highly reccomend it) and I had a great idea-what if someone made a zombie map for SWBF?  Here's what i was thinking-CPs are set, you can't capture them.  Any normally neutral CPs would go to the human side.  Everyone is on one side, and all the AI are zombies.  Keeping with the theme of the book, the Imperials would be the zombies, but as more and more Rebels died, they'd show up in the zombie hordes too.  Zombies have no weapons, but instead are one-hit kills (much like Jedi).  If the zombies kill all of the humans' reinforcements, they win, and vice versa.  This prbly wouldn't be very feasible, cuz for it to really work it'd probably have to be online-capable, and it seems kinda complicated to me (but I have no modding experience whatsoever, so what do I know?) So this is more like a hypothetical "what if?" kinda thing, but itd be so awesome...oh, and for the map, I'd recommend Bespin: Cloud City, because it has just the right balance of open spaces and chokepoints.  I think this could have some potential, comment on your ideas of if its any good/feasability.  Thanks!

I have some mods available that I could upload for you to host with. One is online compatible Jabba Pigs survival which is like zombie survival on Jabba map. One team is mixed clones/droids and the other is all pigs. Only humans spawn and must fight 35 pigs. Requires modded mission.lvl for dedicated tat3 addon script. No download required to join.

Another is chamber only cloud city with one team a bunch of AI darth vaders. The human team is mixed rebels/empire and must overcome the vader swarms of zombies in the chamber. This mod is online compatible but requires modded dedicated mission.lvl, imp.lvl, and bes2.lvl (has to block chamber exits with walls, move plan hubs, barriers, regions, spawn points etc.) This beta is almost finished, and I will upload it soon. No download required for clients to join.

As far as zombie mods maps, breakdown has 2 that I know of. Cloud city health bot barriers was his first, and then naboo airfield i think his second.

Zombie hotel is the project I am currently working on. You sound like you have many ideas so get in contact with me if you are interested in this mod map project. The link is here: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3627

Awesome, I'm getting a new computer in about a week, and when I do, I'll definitely be in contact. Thanks!