new type of mod

Started by {ASFL}Cdr.Pain, April 11, 2010, 03:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
is it possible to do free for all in swbf 1?

As far as I know, there isn't a way to do that. The game is hardcoded to have two distinct teams fighting against each other, and I don't think there's a way to set all teams as equal and have the game still work. It would probably have to be a modded map to have even a shot at accomplishing this.

The only way I can think of to do this would be to set a map (shipped or modded) to have no capturable CPs to prevent bleed, set everyone on the same team, and therefore have no added points should a member of the opposite team be killed.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

The suggestion made by JK will not count kills however, unless you can figure out a way to give a kill point for killing a teammate.

The only "gamemode" mods i've seen work are objective based ones, such as Breakdowns "Search and Destroy" that essentially one team set out to destroy two CP's while the other team defended them. so it wasn't that different from standard play.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Well you could change some weapons to saying TargetFriendly: "0" to TargetFriendly: "1" but youd have to make all weapons slow enough to lock on and you would get negative kills.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on April 11, 2010, 07:36:38 PM
Well you could change some weapons to saying TargetFriendly: "0" to TargetFriendly: "1" but youd have to make all weapons slow enough to lock on and you would get negative kills.

I don't see how this would accomplish anything? You can already shoot at and kill teammates. You don't need to have anything lock on. None of the stock weapons do that to enemies.

Quote from: Hardcore on April 11, 2010, 07:29:16 PM
The suggestion made by JK will not count kills however, unless you can figure out a way to give a kill point for killing a teammate.

TKs give negative kills, so you could just see who has the worst score and that would be the winner.

Yep, sorry was just coming up with stuff. I do tk matches alot. Like jets vs jets. Not really a need for a mod. Good job Mr. JK  :tu:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It would be cool to be able to kill anything in site and it be added to your score. The thing about killing team mates is that they have no way of fighting back. So it would be cool to have all able to fight back. I achieved this in few servers that allowed me to place ais in safe areas. The ais were my own personal lives. It was me against all the ais in the other side of the side. The cool thing about those severs was that the game didn't end till I used up all of the five ais as lives for me.

No. You can only have two player-selectable sides. You can have up to two more that are just AI controlled, but the player cannot join them or influence them in any way.

For 3 sides this is possible in BF2 but not in BF1.I remember i have see one video whit 3 teams and you can play whit all of them.I will try find this video and will show you guys.
none