amazing map ideas

Started by -IAS- Jazz, February 10, 2009, 02:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OK, I've just spontaneously had some ideas for maps.
     Ender's Game
two basic rectangular rooms, one with stars,  one with stars and fog (the plain room where most battles take place in the book wouldn't make for a good game, so screw it). Stars, in the book, are just plain black squares, that should not be too hard to make. you could use brownish grey colored Hoth snow for the fog. walls would be a plain metal, nothing fancy. Then there are side rooms that would contain the command posts. there was a darkened barrier, so the other army couldn't see through. a whole bunch of fog one one plane would do that trick, if not, a moving wall, like in Mustafar or the Death Star, those moving doors.  If possible, you could alter the time for the command post so just entering the zone would cause capture (thus the reason for two, separate rooms).  I'm not sure if any of these are possible, since i have no modding experience. to get the antigravity effect we could have vehicles like LAATs lined up, just suits hanging on walls, but the LAAT acts like it has no weight, just floating. the walls would have to give no damage for bouncing, or the vehicles would be so durable that the hit wont hurt, at any angle. if possible a straight on collision would result in no movement. again, I don't know if any of this is possible, but if some of that mass of information is useful, its help. this map would be a combination of a two level maze mod and an antigravity mod that were suggested on the last website.

Also, a completly destructable map would be soo cool. shoot the ground below the guy and he falls, shoot through a wall and kill someone... that would be soo much fun. and the reverse, maybe guns that shoot different map elements, anything. that would be SOO COOL. id help in any way possible if anyone were to attempt this dangerous mission. (= Good Luck!

[color=#FFFFFF]{legends}Darth Verik]

I know what you're talking about since I read the book. I don't know if people who didn't read Ender's Game would get this idea. I like this idea, but I think it would be pretty hard to take off the gravity thing.

well the gravity thing could be done if we create a ship with a model of a space-suit. The ship could move very slowly, and possibly even not slow down. Not sure where to get the space suit model though.

Edit: I believe unit gravity can be removed as well, but I'm not sure about that, and we'd need to give jets to everyone

Re-Edit: I guess the gravity control was only implemented in SWBF2. However, I can create a jet that 100% negates gravity. I would probably remove the flames and still leave death on fall, but the jet pack would be infinite

also, we could instead make it so each team starts on an indented platform in the wall (the gate for anyone who read the book) and below is an auto-death zone if you fall. The only problem with this is the AI with most likely kill themselves. Not sure if it is possible to keep them flying, but hintnodes might be able to fix this.

For the stars, I can grab boxes from some other map (like the ones in maz) and turn the texture black so they are invisible, although we might want to make it a different color than the walls. brown would work imo.

This map would have to be 100% jet, and if you want an idea of the fighting go check out the dark trooper and wookie in IRS mod

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Sweet sweet idea, thats one of my favorite books of all time :D

Some cool blue body amour skins would be cool too, along with a grappling hook.

Quote from: "iBlade"Sweet sweet idea, thats one of my favorite books of all time :(

I don't know what your talking about, death on falling. there is no falling.  i think the LAAT that looks like a person thing would work, and for now just skin up a blue clone for it. closest thing to it. am i talking to any modders? and i like the hook idea... theres got to be another way... fast jetpack on top of vehicle... i dont know how to do this...

hooks will crash any online game. Stupid glitch in the program. The reason I had death when falling is my idea was to use a jet-pack with infinite fuel to cancel out the gravity on the game. If they stop the jetpack, it can lead to the bots fighting on the "ground"

so dont play with bots... this would be playersonly, 2players to 16players, the design wouldnt lag at all, so no bots, you could just have 16 republic flyers lying around, with the appearance of a clone trooper or whatever. the skin btw is blue with yellow... ill post a picture.

I like the Idea of historic battles being put into the game. One map could be something like The Battle of the Somme, with 2 trenches, 6 cps, a river and some turrets along the trench. In the middle is no-mans-land, where lots of killing happens. Another one that I would think would be awesome would be to have 2 old wooden ships sailing along with you trying to board their ship and capture it. You could shoot planks that the other team would use to board your ship and there could be turrets along the ship to stand in for cannons. If you destroy their mainmast, bow, rudder and sails you can claim victory. Jetpack troops would rule that one. The last one I can think of would be a recreation of a medieval castle siege. Good guys are in a castle, bad guys are tryin to get in. Good guys have a moat and fortifications, but bad guys can bust their way in. The Helm's Deep map inspired that one.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I agree with Chupacabra. A D-Day themed map would be awesome as well.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Unfortunately, the idea won't work because map objectives weren't implemented until SWBF2 :(

cool idea.
im not going to let my enders game map idea die.  i will continue to post until someone wastes their time doing it.

what is this enders thing?

Quote from: "The_Pi"Unfortunately, the idea won't work because map objectives weren't implemented until SWBF2 :(

Who said anything about map objectives?
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate