Making maps without BFbuilder.

Started by Sereja, October 25, 2017, 08:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So yes, my BFBuilder is die... :bye:

As we are all know, if BFBuilder gives an error - it's impossible to fix if you are not a professional progammer.
Now, I can't create any new map  :o, and adding new sides :(. I can still finish my current project by clicking on munge and clean bat files, and edit it by zeroeditor, but nothing more.
So the question is: is it possible to create new map and new sides by just copy and reaname already exist maps and if so wihich important files responsible for that ?
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Hmm, did something change with your computer? (new video card? or updated drivers?)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

No. I didn't install or change anything. I open it one day and it just stop to work. It's weird but it can open only the old projects now. Who knows why... :shrug:

To fix it for sure I need to reinstall Windows, but in some reasons it won't happen in nearby future.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Ah, so it works with old projects, but not new ones?  You might try moving some old projects to a backup location, and make sure your project folder is not read only, and that you have enough space.   

This should be fixable, unless it is the dreaded incompatible video card issue.  I don't think you would need to reinstall windows.

Sleepkiller would know how to make make edits without the map editor.

If you need a computer for modding, let me know and we will figure out how to get one to you!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Sereja on October 25, 2017, 08:40:10 AM
So yes, my BFBuilder is die... :bye:

As we are all know, if BFBuilder gives an error - it's impossible to fix if you are not a professional progammer.
Now, I can't create any new map  :o, and adding new sides :(. I can still finish my current project by clicking on munge and clean bat files, and edit it by zeroeditor, but nothing more.
So the question is: is it possible to create new map and new sides by just copy and reaname already exist maps and if so wihich important files responsible for that ?
I can't help with renaming already existing maps (Though it should be as simple as editing the name entry in addme.lua no?) but I can help with creating new ones. I've made some scripts for you and posted them here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12499.0, they should let you make new worlds and new sides for your maps. Let me know if you run into any problems with them or if I misunderstood the problem in the first place.

I had this bug on my old laptop too with the BFBuilder HTA file. It refused to read any 'new' levels. I have no idea why this bug occurs and I don't think a fix has been made to the HTA file. It's nice to have a workaround, so big thanks to Sleepkiller  :tu:

As for renaming your world, as Sleepkiller said that's defined in the addme.lua file, so it's just a matter of changing it there.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base