Corrupted shipped worlds in Zeroeditor? (SOLVED)

Started by Antstafer, August 10, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 10, 2017, 02:27:01 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:27:05 AM by Antstafer

Any idea why this might be occurring? Objects are either missing, or moved around in odd ways from how they should be. I noticed this on the vanilla Hoth map also.

I copied the geo1.wld file, the effects/msh/munged/odf folders and the original req file from the "Shipped Worlds" folder correctly (I've done it successfully many times a few days ago). The maps still munge properly and play fine, but there are either odd holes in the ground, or missing objects.

I don't however, notice this happening with Naboo: Plains.

I think that happened to me when I reopened a shipped map with the ZeroEditor. Maybe the following line from "config.ini" has been deleted at the end:

FlipModelX = 1

If you put it back maybe you can open the map with all objects placed correctly, if I'm not mistaken.
(Make sure you haven't saved the map with the cluttered elements!)
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Red04 (CC-4398) on August 10, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
I think that happened to me when I reopened a shipped map with the ZeroEditor. Maybe the following line from "config.ini" has been deleted at the end:

FlipModelX = 1

If you put it back maybe you can open the map with all objects placed correctly, if I'm not mistaken.
(Make sure you haven't saved the map with the cluttered elements!)

That was the culprit! Don't know why, but it seems that line of code is never in newly generated config.ini's.

Quote from: Antstafer on August 11, 2017, 05:26:46 AM
That was the culprit! Don't know why, but it seems that line of code is never in newly generated config.ini's.

Yes, I don't know why it always happens every time I reopen ZeroEditor... :P
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Antstafer on August 11, 2017, 05:26:46 AM

I believe you need to make sure it is in the config.ini in DataTemplate folder.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Checked the DataTemplate folder, and the line is in there. As Red mentioned, opening ZeroEditor for a new map causes the line of code to be removed for some odd reason.

OK, then the next thing is to make sure that particular file is read only.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet