An exception of OutOfBoundsException was not handled

Started by swgaming1015, June 18, 2017, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I make all of my Battlefront models the exact same way yet for some reason, some of the models work fine and others don't. This is my method:

1. Make model in Sketchup and export as OBJ
2. Import OBJ into XSI and texture it
3. Make collision and lowrez duplicates of model and drag them all under the null "dummyroot"
4. Highlight "dummyroot" and export as MSH
5. Make ODF and test in SWBFViewer and Zeroeditor

This works most of the time but sometimes I run into this issue: Zeroeditor crashes when I try to place the MSH and when I attempt to view my MSH in SWBFViewer I get the error "An exception of OutOfBoundsException was not handled." Any ideas why this is?

Sometime this is happening to me aswell.I really dont know what cause the problem.  :wacko:

This happened because of ZETool issue. Each of polygons should have no more then 4 points - that is a rule (I guess I wrote about that in one of my tutorials). So before export you need to check it by Chek Sel button, and fix it manually or triangulate it, if the bugs are too many.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

What do you mean by a polygon's "points"? Are points edges? This is the MSH I'm trying to export:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/144142316@N07/34597991683/in/dateposted-public/
Does this exceed 4 points? If so, how can I fix it?

Well, I am not a professional programmer, and not keep in mind any correct terminology, so if I see something looks like a point - I say: "It's a point". Anyway, as I say before, you need to select your model, click ZETools>Export MSH>Check Sel. If it say something like "Bad Faces" that means some of your model polygons have more then 4 points. To fix it you may choose a few ways. If the model isn't too complicated, you may just add new edge or few edges to the bad polygon. To find it, look at it's name list, under "Bad Faces" It calls Poly Index list. Click polygon button in the right panel, and crop your model. Then, under Polygon button, you may spot some 2 darky writing slots. Tipe the number of your bad polygon, from Bad Faces list, in to the bottom slot. Click to the upper slot to make it work. Now you should see your croped bad polygon. Now just add new edge between some of 2 points.
Other way just may save your time if the model very complicated and have too many bad polygons. Select your model, then under Modifi panel click Poly. Mesh>Triangulate. It's add too many unnecessary edges, so I don't like this way. Still this may be mostly fixed, if you also click Quadrangulate after this.

Quote from: swgaming1015 on June 19, 2017, 09:17:30 AM
What do you mean by a polygon's "points"? Are points edges? This is the MSH I'm trying to export:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/144142316@N07/34597991683/in/dateposted-public/
Does this exceed 4 points? If so, how can I fix it?

If I can jump in here for a second and maybe clarify...Now, I've never done any modeling with BF so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, but perhaps Sereja means all polygons must only have 4 sides or less? So all polygons must be square/triangular/rectangular?
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Yep, you got it. Triangle - good; square - good; pentagram - bad; hexagon - bad; etc.

Thanks very much Sereja.  :cheers: I triangulated the model and it works perfectly in-game now.