[WIP] Scarif: Beach

Started by Giftheck, May 17, 2017, 02:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 17, 2017, 02:54:24 AM Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:44:59 AM by Giftheck
I'm proud to announce my first foray into map-making is going to be a Scarif map.

I'm currently testing a first build which is quite promising. ATM, I have X-Wings, TIE Strikers and an AT-ACT in. I'll post screenshots once I'm confident I've got something good to show.

I got a few issues I need to solve first:

-Black sky instead of proper sky appearing.
-Horrible terrain cutoff
-Water problem
-Bizarre map colours at a distance.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on May 17, 2017, 02:54:24 AM
I got a few issues I need to solve first:

-Water problem

One thing I'll forewarn you about with water:

I had a Kashyyyk map that I was working on that had a ton of water. It was a similar concept to what you're working on, with a bunch of non-connected islands. The sheer amount of water caused the game to crash part way through the battle, even when I had barely anything else on the map.

You may want to watch how much water you're putting in. Just a word of caution.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

May 17, 2017, 12:18:59 PM #2 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:24:06 AM by Gistech
the way the islands are set out, the amount of water I'm using crashes the game on load. ATM, I've got no water in the level while I figure out how to approach it.

ATM, I'm also battling this little issue:

EDIT: Photobucket can go die

I have no idea what has caused this. The curious thing is this is right where the water would be so I'm wondering if this is down to my sky file.

Aside from that, it's going good. Object placement is a bit sparse right now, but I will work on that. I've had to adapt a few objects, and ATM until I fix the terrain cutters on the tower interior, Cargo Control is currently an external command post.

All Rogue One vehicles are in also: Empire has AT-ACTs, TIE Strikers and a TIE Reaper (AT-ACT from Pinball FX and TIE Reaper from Force Arena until I can make or get a different model), and the Rebels have X-Wings and a U-Wing (U-Wing is also from Pinball FX). Heroes will be Jyn Erso and Director Krennic, but they're not yet implemented and I've only just started implementing custom sides (staring with the Empire, which is based on my Legacy set-up but with a Death Trooper instead of a Dark Trooper, which is armed with the Modified DLT-19 Heavy Blaster instead of a T-21).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I think Gogie in his scarif assets actually included water tile msh files of varying sizes. That might help. It could also mean...shoretroopers ambushing you from underwater.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

The artificial water is in, I just need to solve the problem above.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Is it showing up blue/green only underwater? I can't quite tell from the image if it's just shallow water, or if it's part of the terrain.  If so, could it have to do with the opacity/color settings you have set for the water? Pretty sure you can edit those things in ZE.

No, and in any case there's no real water because of the size of the map: I've used Gogie's water tile objects.
In Progress:

On Hold:

You're mods are simply amazing, and I really cannot wait to see your amazing maps, Gistech. :D
My YouTube Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/R6GFL1993
Don't forget to subscribe, and like my videos!

I was hoping somebody might be able to help me solve this issue:

No idea why it's happening or what it's caused by.
In Progress:

On Hold:

July 16, 2017, 04:54:41 PM #9 Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:22:12 PM by RepComm
Call me blind, but what seems to be the problem?
--
Edit:
You might check to see if your texture is a power of two on both axis. I used to get pretty weird results when not using po2 textures.

Quote from: Gistech on July 16, 2017, 11:29:43 AM
No idea why it's happening or what it's caused by.

Greensand or Green sand is either a sand or sandstone, which has a greenish color. This term is specifically applied to shallow marine sediment, that contains noticeable quantities of rounded greenish grains. These grains are called glauconies and consist of a mixture of mixed-layer clay minerals, such as smectite and glauconite mica. Greensand is also loosely applied to any glauconitic sediment.

Greensand forms in anoxic marine environments that are rich in organic detritus and low in sedimentary input. Having accumulated in marine environments, greensands can be fossil-rich, such as in the late-Cretaceous deposits of New Jersey, USA.

more on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensand

hope this helps  :P

but seriosly try opening the file in gimp and exporting it with RLE comperssion unchecked.
if that is not the problum try looking at the tga.option file of it
if none of that worked try looking at your sky file for somthing. if you need to, post the file here.
I remember reading a tutorial somewhere on how to make your terrain a diferend color using the sky file or somthing like that.
it might also be the efect file.

hope that helps.  :cheers:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

When / if this map will be fixed, the terrain should looks like this or so:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Unfortunately, seems I can't explain correctly how it's could be fixed. Perhaps I have different type of video card, or just made too many changes at once...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Yeah, that's what I'm looking to have it look like (though maybe less orange but that'll be down to the world lighting which is easy enough to tweak). I don't think it's a video card issue because it's unique to this map. What did you do to fix it?
In Progress:

On Hold:

did you try running it in normal SWBF1 exe?
maybe it is just that way in the test exe.
you never know.  :shrug:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer