Map crashes during load, no Severity 3s in BFront.log.

Started by Giftheck, May 15, 2017, 04:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Building my Scarif map, and it's coming up with a crash when I try to load it in SPTest, but it's not telling me why it's crashing.

Could the number of objects or terrain size be a factor at all?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

when I was was making a SWBF1 map I placed to many objects
and the same thing hapend. so I'm guessing that might be it.
But if this is SWBF2 than I don't have much expertese on modding
that so I don't know. you'l have to get some one who has more
experiance in this to anser you.

hope this helps  :D
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Really odd to have no Severity 3's and a crash on start up. I'd go through the log and see what it tried to load right before it crashed.

Alternatively, try to think of what you did before between your last successful munge/test and this one. I had a slightly similar issue when I was making Space Carida, and it would crash in multiplayer because of too many objects.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

The severity 2s are all "vehicle spawn point missing vehicle" etc. I'm going to see if I can reduce polys on a few objects - I've cleared a few trees and the Citadel object out for the moment.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I can confirm (at least in my experience) that maps will start crashing if they've got too many high poly objects in them - this has happened to me plenty of times when trying to make a Kashyyyk forest map with lots of trees (think zaalbar's village in kotor). I was only using stock SWBF objects (buildings and trees from kashyyyk maps and endor), and I put too many trees in and it would no longer load. I'm also realizing that they weren't that high-poly so I'm not sure the high-poly count was the issue there... I'm working on another tree-intensive map atm and am hoping this doesn't become an issue.

I do recall seeing something really recently though about a setting/command that was something like: "foliage(1000);" or something (I'm 100% sure that's not the real name of the command), where you had to increase the number in either an lua/wld/prp file (I'm not sure which) to allow for more trees/foliage in a map if you had a lot.

EDIT: Found it.
Quote[22:28] {PLA}Sleepkiller: Here is one that cna be needed if you have lots of foliage in your world
[22:28] {PLA}Sleepkiller: SetMemoryPoolSize("TreeGridStack", 100)

So that's for the lua for your map.

I've cleared the map of all but my gameplay objects (so no props or anything) and it is STILL crashing upon load.

I went for a 512x512-sized map so I'm wondering if that's the issue, or whether you can't have water over a large area like that.

EDIT: Removing the water worked!
In Progress:

On Hold:

Is this map in SWBF1 or SWBF2?
WIP: Undead troopers side mod.

Interested in modding? Check out the HALLOWEEN COMPETITION 2017! - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12410.msg116816;topicseen#new

Quote from: Moroff on July 09, 2017, 08:37:39 AM
Is this map in SWBF1 or SWBF2?

This post is in the SWBF1 modding section, so hopefully SWBF1   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Indeed. It was my first attempt at a Scarif map for SWBF1. I'm considering scrapping it and starting from scratch, partially because of the bizarre colour glitch, but also because the map is way too big. However, I did learn a lot from making it.

The crash was caused by having too much water.
In Progress:

On Hold: