Antstafer's Realism Mod/Enhanced Gameplay Mod

Started by Antstafer, February 11, 2017, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 11, 2017, 09:51:42 PM Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:57:22 PM by Antstafer
This mod is the successor to Eisenfaust's Realism Mod. My main goal in this mod is to make Battlefront's combat terrifying and real. If you don't take cover, you'll die. If you don't work with your teammates, you'll die. I've seen situations while playing where the last 10 units of the opposing enemy were able to take on my remaining 50.

As of right now, only the Galactic Civil War has been touched, and It still has a some of tweaking to go. I WILL be doing the Clone Wars too, and I will post updates here when I do so. I finally got both eras completed!

Videos: [spoiler]480p- https://youtu.be/OhBYLEVXXwA
HD- https://youtu.be/npYD6UCljf0[/spoiler]

Things this mod does-

• Realistic Damage. 1-2 hit kills, depending on distance, type of unit, and radius.
  • Blasterbeams move faster and go much farther
  • Firing While moving is inaccurate for some units
  • Explosions from vehicles are semi-deadly, and knock back units
  • Sticky grenades can stick to troops and have more of an effect on troops
  • Imperial Jet Trooper, Wookies, and Republic Jet Troopers take 3-4 hits to take down
  • Vehicles are deadly
  • Jedi/Sith can now die
  • Blood Particle Effect is turned on (Optional)
  • Each heavy weapon troop from each faction carries a machine gun, but moves slower (except for CIS, instead pilot carries machine gun)
  • Units move faster
  • Turrets fire faster and are deadly
  • Larger Battle Sizes for each level depending on what it is (I.e, Geonosis will have more units on the battlefield as opposed to Bespin: Platforms)

BONUS: I've also included my own edited versions of the following maps- Hoth, DOCKS, AND ENDOR. (My edited Hoth is named Hot3)
NOTE: My edited Endor has been known to crash for unknown reasons during battle. I've tried a lot of troubleshooting with it, to no avail. The vanilla Endor works fine though.

Download: [spoiler]Latest-https://download1336.mediafire.com/wtrkdl319nxg/oiwi4sfclxy80kf/Antstafer%5C%27s+Realism+Mod+v2.3.zip

OLD-http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmy2h8aj79h6wc8/Antstafer%27s%20Realism%20Mod%20v2.2.zip[/spoiler]

Changelog
[spoiler]
2.3-
-Changed FOV for units and vehicles

-Decreased damage for rifles and pistols and a few other weapons

-Increased damage for recondroid explosion

-Decreased knockback for some weapons

-Tusken Raiders balanced

-Gunturrets balanced

-Mines balanced

-Other misc balancing fixes

2.2-
-Clone Pilot's arccaster does much more damage, has more shots before overheating, and has further range

-All low LOD unit models replaced with hi-res counterparts

-Darkened red blaster effect a bit

-Snowspeeder blasters move at a higher velocity and do more damage to buildings and units

-ATST and ATAT now have faster laser velocity

-Added small explosion effect to wookie bowcaster fire

-Rifles and pistols are now more inaccurate the longer you fire

-Explosions from Super Battle Droid rockets now pack a bigger punch

-Fixed crash issue with Kamino

-Made turrets less precise when firing

2.1-

-Raised health for REP AT-TE

-Gave Machine Guns more ammo

-Made Machine Guns more innaccurate while firing

-Added 'NO BLOOD' optionials.

[/spoiler]

There probably is a lot more tweaking and work to be done, but I figured it would be best to upload it here now in it's working state in case I never get down to messing with it again.
Please report any bugs!

Screenshots
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The closest you can get for fixing the LODs is to replace the LOD models with re-rigged high-res models, but it's not a true fix. It's to do with the memory of the game but there is currently no way we can amend the memory pools necessary to fix this. I'm surprised at how the game handles LODs, to be honest. Usually, LODs are for objects at a distance and are changed when you are closer to those objects but there appears to be no such system in Battlefront.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Gistech on February 12, 2017, 10:13:35 AM
The closest you can get for fixing the LODs is to replace the LOD models with re-rigged high-res models, but it's not a true fix. It's to do with the memory of the game but there is currently no way we can amend the memory pools necessary to fix this. I'm surprised at how the game handles LODs, to be honest. Usually, LODs are for objects at a distance and are changed when you are closer to those objects but there appears to be no such system in Battlefront.

Wow, that's really interesting. So Battlefront's lod is dependent on memory in a way? That's such an odd way to optimize a game.

Indeed it is. Unfortunately we can't get the source code to fix that optimization error (SWBF2 introduced the 'portal' system in order to enable the game to render higher-res models on PC without the issue occuring) and it seems we have no programmers in our ranks, so there's nobody here who can actually look into the game and try to break the executeable's limits. I know we would also want to try and re-enable the sixth unit if it was possible.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

one of the bugs is that vader's lightsaber is missing.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

I've finally finished this! I've updated the main post with details, a video, and a new download link.
Hope you all enjoy it :D.

I love this mod so much, fantastic work, your so much better at this than i will ever be, the only thing i don't like is the blood effect mainly because the CIS also have it but there robots, only if i could turn it off myself for every team. But this is amazing makes the game feel new!
zealot

Quote from: zealot on December 16, 2017, 04:23:48 PM
I love this mod so much, fantastic work, your so much better at this than i will ever be, the only thing i don't like is the blood effect mainly because the CIS also have it but there robots, only if i could turn it off myself for every team. But this is amazing makes the game feel new!

The blood effect should be turned off for the CIS. The only way to accidentally trigger it is to shoot your own CIS teammates, which I assume is what you did.

The only way to remove it would be to turn off the impact effect completely for the CIS weapons, but in doing so would remove the blood splatter for the REP. I might make an alternate version of the mod without the bloodspray effect for those who prefer the game without it. Thanks for the feedback!

how about recoloring the spray for CIS to be black for oil?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on December 16, 2017, 07:16:11 PM
how about recoloring the spray for CIS to be black for oil?

Well, the problem comes from the impact effects for the CIS. If a CIS unit shoots a REP unit, that REP unit will emit a bloodspray, which is ideal. This can't be done one way though, so any other CIS units that that CIS unit shoots will also have the bloodspray effect.

Sure, I could make a separate oil effect and have the republic's weapons cause an 'oilspray' on the CIS troops, but those CIS units would still occasionally shoot one other, resulting in the bloodspray.

The only option I see for someone who is very bothered by this, but doesn't want the bloodspray effect to be gone completely, would to only have the effect set for the IMP and ALL teams.

December 16, 2017, 10:48:22 PM #10 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:51:37 PM by Antstafer
Had some extra time to devote to this tonight, so I went ahead and added a 'No Blood' option along with some minor fixes. Updated the main download link along with a changelog underneath. Enjoy!

It was (somehow) calculated that the units in this game move faster than Usain Bolt while regularly walking. Why did you increase movement speed?

Quote from: Jean on December 17, 2017, 12:43:15 AM
It was (somehow) calculated that the units in this game move faster than Usain Bolt while regularly walking. Why did you increase movement speed?

Didn't really raise it by much. I slowed down some of the heavier class units.

January 04, 2018, 09:18:16 AM #13 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:28:14 AM by Antstafer
Presenting version 2.2, enjoy!

Changes/fixes-
-------------------
-Clone Pilot's arccaster does much more damage, has more shots before overheating, and has further range

-All low LOD unit models replaced with hi-res counterparts

-Darkened red blaster effect a bit

-Snowspeeder blasters move at a higher velocity and do more damage to buildings and units

-ATST and ATAT now have faster laser velocity

-Added small explosion effect to wookie bowcaster fire

-Rifles and pistols are now more inaccurate the longer you fire

-Explosions from Super Battle Droid rockets now pack a bigger punch

-Fixed crash issue with Kamino

-Made turrets less precise when firing

Download

[spoiler]https://www.mediafire.com/file/dmy2h8aj79h6wc8/Antstafer%27s+Realism+Mod+v2.2.zip[/spoiler]

I'm sorry I love your mod but i got some maps like kamino and theed who crash after the loading, any reasons why ?
( your mod is one of my favorite of all battlefront ) :D