Just one simple Jedi thing D:

Started by Maaraaa, November 27, 2016, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hellu, i just need to ask if you know a mod like this or could code it for Battlefront II. ._. since i really have no clue about modding or coding i just want to ask since i haven't really found anything like this, maybe because people focus more on  pew pew than the love i have for lightsaburs and realism details. (Atleast for the jedi's)  ;_;.

So, i'm sure you know of the jedi heros in Battlefront1 they could, block any blaster and even spaceship fire with their lightsabers and didn't need any endurance, they could also block their backs from attacks!
Now i guess what i would like to have is pretty obvious! The same thing for battlefront II Jedis! No button to press needed, and all fire is blocked off. I know this sounds boring and OP for you peoples  but keep in mind, it's only for singleplayer against bot porpuses and i just want to have it for the realism since i pretty much don't care for the fight thingy as a whole.

Sounds like what you want could be done by using the invincibility cheat before launching a session. I forgot how to do cheats on PC but should be easy to find on youtube or google.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Nu it's not! it just makes me invincible for attacks but it doesn't block the attacks with the lightsaber ._.

Look at the very center of the map if you want to be protected against enemy lightsaber wielding foes. However, it's impossible to block laser fire to the back or explosives

Quote from: Jean on November 27, 2016, 05:05:41 PM
Look at the very center of the map if you want to be protected against enemy lightsaber wielding foes. However, it's impossible to block laser fire to the back or explosives

I think he is interested in a mod.  Let's hear what the modders think is possible.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I believe what he is talking about is something like the geonosis arena (right?) mod for swbf 1.

In that mod the jedis (which are their own separate playable classes, not a hero unit) deflect blaster fire from all directions (mostly), but can still die.

@Ltin 
I am a she. And yes like that, if you look at swbf 1 in instant mode,  you can see they deflect all fire. I want his realism in bf2 :(. i know you can deflect blasterfire with holding F key, but its only for a short amount of time and only when i press it. I'd like to have it allways and without pressing any buttons but also from the back, so i deflect all blaster fire!

You just have to change those parameters in "com_hero_default" or "com_jedi_default".odf

// Energy bar defaults
EnergyBar               = 100.0     // Max energy
EnergyRestore           = 15.0      // energy regained per second if moving
EnergyRestoreIdle       = 25.0      // energy regained per second if not
EnergyDrainSprint       = 15.0      // energy spent per second of sprinting
EnergyMinSprint         = 20.0      // min energy to start sprinting
EnergyCostJump          = 0.0      // energy cost to jump
EnergyCostRoll          = 25.0      // energy cost to roll

add a large number like "99999.0" instead of "100.0" to the Max energy part ;)
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Quote from: Cdt Fox on November 28, 2016, 07:45:11 AM
You just have to change those parameters in "com_hero_default" or "com_jedi_default".odf

// Energy bar defaults

but that still has to be triggered by pressing the f key right?

Quote from: Cdt Fox on November 28, 2016, 07:45:11 AM

// Energy bar defaults

Thanks for this! I always knew you gained energy faster while not moving, but didn't have anything to absolutely prove it.

Quote from: Ltin on November 28, 2016, 09:26:33 AM
but that still has to be triggered by pressing the f key right?

Yes of course, but now you will block lasers during 30 mins for exemple. (Actually i don't know what "99999.0" correspond to, maybe 20 hours?! lol)
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

First off, i don't even know how to do this coding stuff ._.
Secondly , that's not all what i asked for :(.  I ask for like battlefront 1 jedis! just turn heroes for instant mode start a map for singleplayer and just look for the jedis and see for yourself.  They block all blaster fire from everywhere but also do 1 hit kill and block while slashing their sabers :o

Quote from: Maaraaa on November 28, 2016, 10:54:59 AM
First off, i don't even know how to do this coding stuff ._.
Secondly , that's not all what i asked for :(.  I ask for like battlefront 1 jedis! just turn heroes for instant mode start a map for singleplayer and just look for the jedis and see for yourself.  They block all blaster fire from everywhere but also do 1 hit kill and block while slashing their sabers :o
The default heroes for swbf 1 don't actually block anything, they just regenerate health at an infinite rate.

The coding is done through the swbf2 mod tools (mission builder maybe?)

they do! you just have to leave it unpatched and unmodded have the vanilla installed get into instant mode singleplayer and you will see they automaticly deflect all shots. ._.